Author Topic: Border Patrol Seized 470,000 Pounds of Drugs in 2020 Using New Screening Tech  (Read 188 times)

rangerrebew

Border Patrol Seized 470,000 Pounds of Drugs in 2020 Using New Screening Tech
USThe Daily Caller News Foundation   Feb 5, 2021 ShareFacebookTwitterCopy Link

Customs and Border Protection seized nearly half a million pounds of illegal narcotics at the border in 2020 using new screening technology, agency officials announced Thursday.

Over half of the narcotics found last year, or around 470,000 pounds, were discovered through so-called non-intrusive inspection technology, according to Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The agency seized a total of 808,522 pounds of illegal narcotics in 2020.

Officials seized more marijuana, methamphetamine and fentanyl in 2020 than in 2019, according to CBP. Over 754,70 pounds of marijuana, methamphetamine and fentanyl were seized in 2020 compared to 704,800 in 2019.

https://www.ntd.com/border-patrol-seized-470000-pounds-of-drugs-in-2020-using-new-screening-tech_563158.html

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
What a waste of resources and violations of personal liberties, the US effort to unconstitutionally deny Americans their freedom to poison their own bodies.

IF the drug addict wants to die, why waste tax dollars stopping them?   

How about if we end the stupidity so we can either save billions in tax dollars or do something useful, like catching Invaders and deporting the Rodents who help them?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My brother, before his brain tumor, had the worst Mid East territory for a company that built and installed gamma ray detection systems for ports and airports, don't recall the name of the company but I know that his installations found a lot of bad stuff. He couldn't tell me much because back then he had about the highest security clearance and now, well half of what he says is stuff that never happened courtesy the tumor.