Author Topic: Raising hell in Arizona  (Read 832 times)

Offline mountaineer

Raising hell in Arizona
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:36:00 pm »
Raising hell in Arizona
 by Jon Gabriel
 | February 04, 2021 11:00 PM
Washington Examiner
For decades, Arizona was the reddest of red states. From the crimson cliffs of Sedona to its fiery desert sunsets, this rugged terrain bred Barry Goldwater, the conservative’s conservative.

Those sunsets are looking a lot more purple these days.

In November, the Grand Canyon State narrowly chose Joe Biden, the first time a Democratic presidential candidate had won Arizona since 1996. By a slightly larger margin, Arizona voters sent Mark Kelly to the U.S. Senate to join fellow Democrat Kyrsten Sinema. The last time Arizona had a Democratic senator before Sinema was 1995. The state hasn’t had two blue senators since 1953.

Facing this electoral bloodletting, the Arizona Republican Party leaped into action. Members headed to a Phoenix megachurch and censured a former GOP senator, another former GOP senator’s wife, and Arizona’s current GOP governor. Then, they reelected Kelli Ward, the chairwoman who led Arizona Republicans into their worst disaster in living memory. Thelma told Louise to keep going, and into the Grand Canyon they drove.  ...

Arizona has never actually been a red state, at least not as that term is commonly understood. Going back to the 1970s, the state has had as many Democratic governors as Republican. The ideology is neither conservative nor liberal. It’s contrarian.  ...

The key to remaining with the in-party is to hate the out-party. Despite hosting Trump for several rallies in 2020, Ducey rejected the baseless allegations of a stolen election. The most recent Republican to win a statewide campaign, drawing support from GOP, Democratic, and independent voters, was cast out. At that same convention, Chairwoman Ward was narrowly reelected after two rounds of voting.

However.

Several Arizona Republicans are demanding an audit of the state party's leadership election. In an unusual move, local press were barred from the event, and observers weren’t allowed to watch the vote-counting process. After months of “Stop the Steal” rhetoric, Ward is facing election fraud questions of her own. She may survive the challenge, but the fight for the Arizona Republican Party is back on.
This is not a particularly well-written article, which goes to show how the Examiner has slipped. Nevertheless, this is what they're saying about you folks, @Cyber Liberty   :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Raising hell in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 12:21:01 am »
Oh yeah, I know about the attempt to cheat Ward out of the Chair. The challenge to the Chairman's election is without merit, and specifically not allowed in the Bylaws because the vote had to be contested that day (1/23, when the State Committeemen were all in town) and didn't come until 5 days later.

As for the other, that was expected. Ward got snookered by a bad faith negotiation on the part of the Board. There is a Recall election in play for the Maricopa County BOS going on now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:56:00 pm »
This is not a particularly well-written article, which goes to show how the Examiner has slipped. ...

Off Topic There've probably been a few WashEx articles over the past year or so that I would have posted had the writing not been so confused. /Off Topic

Some Mo-o-o-o-o-o-o-oderates prefer destroying their states' R Party to conservatives running the party. That's a big part of why CA's R Party is as pathetic as it's been the past 20 or 30 years.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 03:58:25 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 04:29:44 pm »
Raising (hell in) Arizona

I liked that movie.  Quirky. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 08:17:21 pm »
So just where is the Republican party ?  I consider myself conservative, but I realize we don't own the show. 

I just can't figure out what is going on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 08:30:31 pm »
So just where is the Republican party ?  I consider myself conservative, but I realize we don't own the show. 

I just can't figure out what is going on.

There is much work to be done to pull the party from the deep state.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 08:53:06 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 09:44:01 pm »
There is much work to be done to pull the party from the deep state.

IMHO trying to pull those members out of the swamp is futile and a waste of time.  Keeping those who aren't part of the deep state out is crucial.  Take a look at Greene and Cheney as examples.  Let Cheney crumble.  Support the Greenes of the party.  We continue to let the Cheney's, MConnells and Romney's drown in their swamp and let them self destruct. 

Only problem is and always has been for quite a long time, is getting conservatives nominated and then seated.  McConnell and the NRSC's goal is the opposite; they want to keep the RINO incumbents and bring more RINO's in. America and the Senate will be a much better place without Mitch, and Mittens can hardly contain himself hoping to fill his position once he vacates his seat.  How do we stop him/them? 

IF the plan is indeed to build on what we have, obviously somehow the ballot box needs to be fixed; how to do that with the DEMS in complete control??

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 10:03:45 pm »
IMHO trying to pull those members out of the swamp is futile and a waste of time.  Keeping those who aren't part of the deep state out is crucial.  Take a look at Greene and Cheney as examples.  Let Cheney crumble.  Support the Greenes of the party.  We continue to let the Cheney's, MConnells and Romney's drown in their swamp and let them self destruct. 

Only problem is and always has been for quite a long time, is getting conservatives nominated and then seated.  McConnell and the NRSC's goal is the opposite; they want to keep the RINO incumbents and bring more RINO's in. America and the Senate will be a much better place without Mitch, and Mittens can hardly contain himself hoping to fill his position once he vacates his seat.  How do we stop him/them? 

IF the plan is indeed to build on what we have, obviously somehow the ballot box needs to be fixed; how to do that with the DEMS in complete control??

As I've mentioned before, being a lower-level functionary I will stick to working on things I can do something about.  I can't afford to sweat the big stuff, like what are the Feds doing about it?  That's outside of my scope.   :shrug: 
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 02:10:15 am »
As I've mentioned before, being a lower-level functionary I will stick to working on things I can do something about.  I can't afford to sweat the big stuff, like what are the Feds doing about it?  That's outside of my scope.   :shrug: 

Trumps election and style raised some questions for people.

Being pro-Trump was good for a while.

Now, being anit-Trump seem to be in vogue.

I have not looked real hard at the AZ GOP web-site, but they need a good message.

Right now, there isn't one coming through.

That is up to all of us to get moving on.

Complaining about it (on my part) alone does nothing.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 06:26:16 pm »
It's fall in AZ.

Hell is fading.

Need to raise a little more.