Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez thanks Capitol Police amid criticism of her riot experience  (Read 143 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ocasio-Cortez thanks Capitol Police amid criticism of her riot experience
By Lexi Lonas - 02/05/21 12:21 PM EST

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) thanked Capitol Police in a speech on the House floor Thursday night amid criticism after she shared her experience during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

Members of the lower chamber convened Thursday night to share their stories of the Capitol riot on the House floor. Ocasio-Cortez organized the hour and was the first lawmaker to speak.

On Jan. 6, a group of pro-Trump supporters breached the Capitol, breaking windows, vandalizing offices and forcing both chambers of Congress to evacuate to undisclosed locations in the area. The event left several people, including a Capitol Police officer, dead.

"Our staff, our Capitol Police, our House clerks, we thank you," said Ocasio-Cortez. “We know how many of you were put in the line of danger because of the job you have.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/537532-ocasio-cortez-thanks-capitol-police-amid-criticism-of-her-riot-experience
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Ocasio-Cortez thanks Capitol Police amid criticism of her riot experience
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 07:37:20 pm »
 So is she for or against defunding the police?

Rhetorical question. She’s for defunding the police when it affects other people
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy