Author Topic: Senate Approves Biden’s Stimulus Plan, but Blocks $15 Minimum Wage Hike  (Read 249 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New York Times 2/5/2021

Senate Approves Biden’s Stimulus Plan, but Blocks $15 Minimum Wage Hike

The House ejected Marjorie Taylor Greene from committees. Donald J. Trump’s lawyers said that the former president would not testify at his Senate impeachment trial. President Biden announced an end to U.S. support for Saudi Arabia’s military campaign in Yemen.

Here’s what you need to know:

• The House votes to strip Marjorie Taylor Greene of her committee assignments.

• Trump’s lawyers reject a request from House managers for testimony from the former president.

• Biden announces the end of U.S. support to Saudi war in Yemen and a tougher line on Russia and China.

• Schumer, seeking to pressure Biden, pushes a $50,000 student debt forgiveness plan.

• Jobs numbers signal more pain ahead, as some sectors permanently downsize.

Senate lawmakers gave their support to President Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus package just before sunrise on Friday, clearing a major hurdle for the legislation to proceed without Republican support after an overnight voting session that stretched for about 15 hours.

Vice President Kamala Harris arrived early in the morning to the Senate dais, where she cast her first tiebreaking vote, and the Senate adopted the resolution along party lines, 51-50, at about 5:30 a.m.

In the marathon session — known as a vote-a-rama and for which more than 800 amendments were drafted — Senate Democrats maneuvered through a series of politically tricky amendments that Republicans wanted to attach to a coronavirus relief package as lawmakers pressed forward with a budget plan that includes Mr. Biden’s economic aid proposal.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/02/04/us/joe-biden-trump-impeachment

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They trotted out Joe's Ho to break the tie vote. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

I suppose it's better to deal with one disastrous policy at a time.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All the idiotic Liberal Democrats who voted Biden/Kamala are just going to LOVE this! LOL!
No free healthcare. No free college. No student loan forgiveness. Now this.

I can already see that I am going to be laughing at broke disappointed Liberals almost every day for the next four years.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.