Author Topic: What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: What Will New England Do Without Fossil Fuels, Joe?
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2021, 04:13:37 am »
Not really.  This is same problem with energy production as with our homes in the south.  The electric power generations can be built for this cold, regardless if wind turbine, nat gas or coal.  Same with the gas wells and gas plants.  It just takes more cost.  All this stuff still works in Canada below our Texas freezing temperatures.  But it cost more to build.

Just like with our homes and plumbing, we usually won't justify the cost for something that rarely happens.  And for Texas, it very rarely happens to the whole state at the same time.

I think everyone in New York should be required to purchase earthquake insurance to reduce the cost of premiums I pay to protect my house here in Los Angeles...

...or, better, how about if states tax their residents to fund a recovery pool for whatever disasters their state happens to be most worried about.

In CA it would be quakes, brush fires and urban rioting.

For FL it would be hurry canes and lightning.

For OK it would be tornados.

For NY it would be cold weather and the occasional flood.

Etc.

I see no reason why I in CA or someone in NY should finance Loser Anna's occasional and expected bout of Katrina-itis.   Or why people in Loser Anna should finance the CA's recovery from the next earthquake.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2021, 04:17:22 am »
I think you missed my point. New England is not immune to historic cold.  Considering their increasing hatred of fossil fuels, I think it is very timely for them to realize how poor decison around how you manage your electrical grid can adversely  impact the population.

If the Mainiacs are not prepared for a simple winter storm, they need to face the consequences.   They're supposed to be adults, those voters.

Time we expected adult behavior from them.

And if they act like children and get their toes frost bit, maybe they'll grow up a little and ....who am I kidding?  They vote Rodent...
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2021, 04:29:05 am »
I'm with @thackney.  SS was a forced "investment" that many did not want.  I'm with you on the others, though.

Social Security was never an investment.  It is a government ponzi scheme which you pay into at the point of a gun.  Social Security (as is) is an 'entitlement' [sic] just like AFDC, food stamps, EITC, etc.  If it was transformed into an investment mechanism (as President Bush tried to do in 2006), then it would no longer be a government handout.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2021, 07:49:50 am »
I'm with @thackney.  SS was a forced "investment" that many did not want.  I'm with you on the others, though.
@Hoodat @thackney I agree with Cyber Liberty and thackney, in that SS was not optional, even for the self-employed (who actually paid in more than employees, who had a matching share from their employers). The less you made, the bigger the bite seemed, because at the bottom, twenty bucks is twenty bucks, not just pocket change.
Those are the folks getting by without the welfare check, trying to get ahead..and in the roughest straits of all.

I would reserve the vote for Social Security recipients who aren't getting a gov't paycheck otherwise and active duty service members/retired servicemen and those on a medical disability not employed otherwise by government.

Other government employees and welfare recipients would have a conflict of interest.

And start phasing that unconstitutional system out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2021, 07:51:14 am »
Social Security was never an investment.  It is a government ponzi scheme which you pay into at the point of a gun.  Social Security (as is) is an 'entitlement' [sic] just like AFDC, food stamps, EITC, etc.  If it was transformed into an investment mechanism (as President Bush tried to do in 2006), then it would no longer be a government handout.
Fine, then give my money back (corrected for inflation) along with the matching share employers put in over the years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2021, 01:04:56 pm »
Fine, then give my money back (corrected for inflation) along with the matching share employers put in over the years.

I couldn't agree more.  And the "matching share" is still your money.  You are the one who paid it - not your employer.  It is money that would have been paid to you if the government didn't have guns.

Social Security is the greatest evil ever perpetrated upon this nation.  It steals our inheritance and ensures that the cycle of poverty is repeated every generation.  If the money confiscated by government at the point of a gun was instead put into a government-mandated retirement fund (e.g. 401(k)) of each individual's choosing, even low-income fulltime workers would retire as millionaires capable of handing over an inheritance to their descendants.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2021, 01:29:43 pm »
There is no money to give back.

That is what @Hoodat was saying.  It is a clear Ponzi scheme, which by law is illegal to begin with.

And I support you in saying it should be graduated away.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2021, 01:52:16 pm »
your
@Smokin Joe

You can't have it both ways. If you get back the money you put in,your former employers should get back the money they put in for you.

Minus,of course,the money you have already received.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 01:56:03 pm »
All of the New England states voted for the Usurper, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't freeze to death in the dark.

Do you?

Nope.  I agree 100%.  And TX just had a wake-up call.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 01:57:07 pm »
I couldn't agree more.  And the "matching share" is still your money. 
You are the one who paid it - not your employer.

@Hoodat

Pure,unadulterated HorseHillary. Did you pay income taxes on that money?

It is money that would have been paid to you if the government didn't have guns.

Uh,huh. You are sounding like the welfare crowd that keeps screaming that the government owes them a living. You are confusing facts with greed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2021, 03:20:45 pm »
@Hoodat

Pure,unadulterated HorseHillary. Did you pay income taxes on that money?

Social Security taxes are not double taxed.  Those who are self-employed (i.e. responsible for paying the 'employer' portion) are able to deduct that portion from their income. 

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2021, 04:08:26 pm »
Social Security taxes are not double taxed.  Those who are self-employed (i.e. responsible for paying the 'employer' portion) are able to deduct that portion from their income.

@Hoodat

Seems you missed the point.