Author Topic: Sen. Mitt Romney proposes $350 per child monthly payments to families  (Read 484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Mitt Romney proposes $350 per child monthly payments to families
News

New welfare program
Chris Pandolfo
February 04, 2021

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) will introduce a plan to create a new welfare program Thursday, granting parents of young children $350 per child every month in perpetuity — not just during the coronavirus pandemic.

Romney announced his proposal, called the Family Security Act, in a news release that touted the program as "a new national commitment to American families by modernizing antiquated federal policies into a monthly cash benefit."

"American families are facing greater financial strain, worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic, and marriage and birth rates are at an all-time low," Sen. Romney said. "On top of that, we have not comprehensively reformed our family support system in nearly three decades, and our changing economy has left millions of families behind. Now is the time to renew our commitment to families to help them meet the challenges they face as they take on most important work any of us will ever do — raising our society's children. This proposal offers a path toward greater security for America's families by consolidating the many complicated programs to create a monthly cash benefit for them, without adding to the deficit."

more
https://www.theblaze.com/news/romney-monthly-payments-to-families-with-children
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Sen. Mitt Romney proposes $350 per child monthly payments to families
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 05:31:23 pm »
The GOP heroes in the Senate will save us .... yeah, that's the ticket!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »
Why stop at $350 Mittens.  I mean it's not like it is your money?  Why not give families enough money so they never have to work, ever again.    It is never enough for these ass holes like Wilard.  How he hasn't changed parties is beyond me.  He has had "RAT" tattooed on his neck since he lost the election and sided with McStain on all things anti American Exceptionalism.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:05:59 am »
I do so deeply regret my wasted vote for that traitor in 2012.    I live in Los Angeles, I could have easily voted for my dog as a write-in and gotten a better results.

Too bad I couldn't recall that vote and cast two for Trump in 2020.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 01:07:43 am »
"Have I got a deal for you...!"

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 01:11:10 am »
So ... is this in addition to the $,3000.00 that WaPo is reporting?

He's just throwing all kinds of $$ around to appease the DEMS.  He's becoming worse than McCain and I didn't think that was possible!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/02/04/romney-child-benefit-stimulus/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 01:52:41 am »
His idea makes more sense than today's policy.  It eliminates various tax credits and consolidates the benefit to a simple payment.  The plan is revenue neutral.  I expect it to go nowhere. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 03:03:41 am »
I'm from the government and I'm here to help...  *****rollingeyes*****

I heard that somewhere...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 01:01:24 pm »
I do so deeply regret my wasted vote for that traitor in 2012.    I live in Los Angeles, I could have easily voted for my dog as a write-in and gotten a better results.

Too bad I couldn't recall that vote and cast two for Trump in 2020.
I held my nose and voted McLame in 08 and this POS in'12, and to this day regret both of those votes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.