Author Topic: Jobless claims drop 33K in sign of labor market stabilization  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jobless claims drop 33K in sign of labor market stabilization
« on: February 04, 2021, 02:41:06 pm »
Jobless claims drop 33K in sign of labor market stabilization
by Tyler Van Dyke, Economics Reporter |
 | February 04, 2021 08:32 AM

The number of new applications for unemployment benefits dropped 33,000 last week to 779,000, the Labor Department reported Thursday, as the labor market showed signs of improvement amid a slowdown in the spread of COVID-19.

The number of new jobless claims was well below forecasters' expectations of 830,000.

"The conventional wisdom is underestimating the strength of the U.S. economy," American Action Forum President Doug Holtz-Eakin told the Washington Examiner. "Instead of the expected rise UI claims, today saw a modest decline that I expect to accelerate in the weeks to come."

The Labor Department's weekly unemployment insurance claims report represents the number of people who filed for unemployment in the previous week. The report presents a high-frequency snapshot of the strength of the job market.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jobless-claims-coronavirus-slowing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Jobless claims drop 33K in sign of labor market stabilization
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 03:25:17 pm »
Don't forget.  The strength cited in this article, is the residual strength carryover provided by a Trump led economy.   Everything Pedo-Joe has done in his 1st 2 weeks have been configured to reverse that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.