Author Topic: NYT Column Urges Biden to Appoint ‘Reality Czar,’ Establish ‘Truth Commission’ to Solve ‘Reality Cri  (Read 233 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT Column Urges Biden to Appoint ‘Reality Czar,’ Establish ‘Truth Commission’ to Solve ‘Reality Crisis’

Joshua Klein 3 Feb 2021

The New York Times published an essay on Tuesday detailing a range of recommendations for the Biden administration to adopt to fix the “reality crisis” and “de-radicalize” citizens, including setting up a “reality czar” and  “truth commission.”

The essay, penned by Times technology columnist Kevin Roose, accuses “millions of Americans” of embracing “hoaxes, lies and collective delusions” before questioning how to unite a country where these millions “have chosen to create their own version of reality.”

“I worry that unless the Biden administration treats conspiracy theories and disinformation as the urgent threats they are, our parallel universes will only drift further apart, and the potential for violent unrest and civic dysfunction will only grow,” Roose writes.

The author then states he contacted several “experts” seeking what actions the Biden administration could take “to help fix our truth-challenged information ecosystem, or at least prevent it from getting worse” and then provides the answers he was given.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2021/02/03/nyt-column-urges-biden-to-appoint-reality-czar-establish-truth-commission-to-solve-reality-crisis/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Has anybody in the news media heard of or are aware of the book “1984?”

I have met a couple people who agree that there should be somebody monitoring the media to make sure there’s no disinformation. What has given them pause is when I asked them would they be OK with the Trump administration deciding what’s disinformation?

People like that and this New York Times writer assumes their ideology would be controlling and deciding what information people get.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Appoint a Commisar, Communist to rule over us.  It's not like the democrats didn't clearly warned us about CHANGING OUT GOVERNMENT OVER TO RUSSIAN TYPE RULE WITH CZARS BEFORE!  Fools cry over the high price of being fools, but they wouldn't have it any other way, SO HERE WE ARE !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The newspaper of [the broken] record.
That record:
"communism's greatest hits".

They been playin' it since the 1930's, back when Walter Duranty was the disk jockey.

Offline skeeter

What makes these effing idiots think those of us who reject the MSM toads’ narrative and choose to use our own brains are to be any more inclined to believe another government appointed liar?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:24:02 am by skeeter »