Author Topic: Golly. A Brave New Climate Czar. How Swell!  (Read 81 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Golly. A Brave New Climate Czar. How Swell!
« on: February 02, 2021, 11:51:14 pm »
The Post & Email 2/2/2021

Golly. A Brave New Climate Czar. How Swell!

"WORSE THAN MISGUIDED"

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I hate to seem like a one-trick pony, but the devil makes me do it.  Just put it to music and sing along with me …  “Well, it’s Climate Time Again, your goin’ to hate me, I can see that faraway look in your eyes…”

Dear old Joe Biden, from the party that “believes in ‘science,’’’ feels the need to prove he’s a true “believer” so he appointed Lurch to school and hector us proles about a spanking new (old?) “climate emergency!”  It seems that the oceans will boil away and the Great Lakes will freeze over or disappear or something, unless we stop drilling for and exploiting the very fossil fuels that allow us to live in comfort, travel, to achieve world-leading food production and distribution, that give us electricity, and for making tens of thousands of products and even medicines that depend on petroleum for manufacture.  If the probable loss of all that doesn’t excite you, I have to tell you that even your cell phone will be either gone or also be very limited.

Renewables can NEVER make up for the loss of fossil fuels.  Many days and nights the sun doesn’t shine and the wind doesn’t blow .. as they say, “You can look it up.”  While we can be certain that some new technological breakthroughs will be discovered to reduce our dependence on these fuels, we are not there yet, and such “discoveries” can only come from a robust economic model that can afford to invest big money on basic research.  But, in the meantime there are some things that Biden and company might want to think through more clearly (and honestly).  First, let’s begin by rescinding the “finding” that carbon dioxide is a pollutant.  Doh!  We exhale the stuff.  It routinely occurs in nature; in fact, all life forms on this planet are carbon-based.  And, when they burn, die, rot, or desiccate, they exude carbon dioxide. Most importantly of all, plants cannot live WITHOUT carbon dioxide, and without plant life, animal life on this planet is doomed for extinction.

Now for more FACTS:  Carbon dioxide in our atmosphere makes up barely more than a trace gas, at four one- hundredths of one percent!  To put this a little differently, it means that the lovely, life-sustaining atmosphere surrounding our planet is 99.996% NOT carbon dioxide.

This means that any large-scale “abatement” effort would not only be unnecessary, but a fool’s errand and a very expensive one at that.  Our planet does NOT need to be saved from itself, or from you and me.  Our Maker put in place a wonderful symbiosis – plants must have carbon dioxide to “breathe” and they in turn extract the carbon and emit (“exhale”) the oxygen that all animal life depends upon.  How smart of God!  And yet, to satisfy the Greenies, trillions are being mentioned, as if throwing money at nature will somehow improve it.  Join me in noting that the natural order of things is to be enjoyed, not destroyed.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/02/02/golly-a-brave-new-climate-czar-how-swell/