Author Topic: NEW: Reporters Whine (Anonymously) Team Biden Wants To Know Questions In Advance  (Read 240 times)

rangerrebew

NEW: Reporters Whine (Anonymously) Team Biden Wants To Know Questions In Advance
Tim Graham
February 1st, 2021 9:59 PM

Daily Beast media reporter Maxwell Tani is reporting that anonymous White House reporters are tattling on Jen Psaki's press team, that they have already probed reporters to find out what questions they plan on asking Psaki during the daily briefings. Some of these reporters don't like an idea forming that they're coordinating their questions and coverage with the Democratic staff.

The Biden White House did not deny this report, but the White House says "it has tried to foster a better relationship with the press corps than the previous administration, and has tried to reach out to reporters directly in order to avoid appearing to dodge questions during briefings."

You can see Psaki wanting to cut down on the "circle back" answers, but this kind of snooping can also affect which reporters are called on, and who might be skipped, or delayed until the end, when cable news might move on from live coverage.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2021/02/01/new-reporters-whine-anonymously-team-biden-wants-know-questions

rangerrebew

I'm surprised he doesn't write the questions himself so he doesn't have to struggle so hard remembering stock answers. :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

Tara Palmeri  @tarapalmeri
To everyone asking why this matters: If Psaki doesn’t like your question, she doesn’t call on you.

8:37 AM · Feb 2, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A real reporter would be pretty stupid to answer. 

Cyber the Reporter:  "I don't know. It will depend on what she says. I don't want to waste my question if she answered it in her monologue."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: