Author Topic: Capitol Police Chief: U.S. Capitol Needs ‘Permanent’ Wall to Protect Congress  (Read 1021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Binder 28 Jan 2021

The United States Capitol needs a “permanent” security wall around it to protect members of Congress, Acting U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) Chief Yogananda Pittman says.

In a statement on Thursday, Pittman said the security at the Capitol building must include a “permanent fencing” barrier — a similar barrier to the one halted by President Joe Biden’s administration at the U.S.-Mexico border.

“As I noted earlier this week, even before September 11, 2001, security experts argued that more needed to be done to protect the U.S. Capitol,” Pittman said in a statement. “In fact, a 2006 security assessment specifically recommended the installation of a permanent perimeter fence around the Capitol.”

“In light of recent events, I can unequivocally say that vast improvements to the physical security infrastructure must be made to include permanent fencing, and the availability of ready, back-up forces in close proximity to the Capitol,” Pittman continued.

Fencing with barbed wire at the top has been surrounding the Capitol for weeks now, as Breitbart News noted, to protect Biden during his January 20 inaugural ceremonies. Other barriers have gone up around Washington, DC, to keep the public out of particular areas.

Last week, Biden halted the construction of security barriers at the U.S.-Mexico border. In an executive order, Biden called the construction project “a waste of money” and “not a serious policy solution.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/28/capitol-police-chief-u-s-capitol-needs-permanent-wall-to-protect-congress/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If Congress needs a big wall to protect them from the voters,maybe WE need a new Congress?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You knew when that wall went up around the Capitol, that it wasn't coming back down anytime soon.

Just as the East Germans built the first makeshift Berlin Wall in 1961 which was later replaced with permanent fortifications, watch for the "upgrading" of the Capitol Wall in Washington into a permanent fixture.

How long before we see "checkpoints" to enter and leave the protected area, with permanent buildings and troops maintaining them?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

There is no damn way Congress needs a wall around it to protect it from Americans if we don't have a border wall to protect America from enemies.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:20:09 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
You knew when that wall went up around the Capitol, that it wasn't coming back down anytime soon.

Just as the East Germans built the first makeshift Berlin Wall in 1961 which was later replaced with permanent fortifications, watch for the "upgrading" of the Capitol Wall in Washington into a permanent fixture.

How long before we see "checkpoints" to enter and leave the protected area, with permanent buildings and troops maintaining them?

Interesting.What happens when DC is made a state?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The more you see of the democrats/Bidens executive orders that severely violate the Constitution and freedoms of America/Americans and destroy its economy, the more you will realize why democrats need the capital made into an impregnable fortress the democrats can feel safe from the reaches of an enraged and oppressed nation.  Democrats are moving swiftly to make it impossible for the populace to hold them accountable in any way.  It is the moves of an intended oppressor getting ready for a nasty tyranny.  On top of that they intend to disarm the nation soon, the laws been or being  passed.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 12:46:57 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Congress needs a big wall to protect them from the voters,maybe WE need a new Congress?
@sneakypete
That goes without saying! My solution if they don't feel safe? Let them all work from home! Think of all the money taxpayers will be saved not having to pay per diems and such, not to mention the reduced staffing and maintenance at the Capitol building. The capitol police will no longer have to advocate for a fence because they can't do their job or are afraid, hell we probably won't need the capitol police so they can join the oil industry workers in learning coding. And the best part of my idea? These stinkin democraps will be in their home districts where their constituents will have access to them ALL THE TIME!

Online mountaineer

Interesting.What happens when DC is made a state?
If DC were to gain statehood, I thought it no longer could be the seat of the federal government. Doesn't the Constitution say the federal government is not to be situated in a state at all?

They'd have to carve out a new "district" to serve as the home of the federal government. Without the federal govt, the new state of Columbia, or BLM or VenezuelaNorth or whatever it is to be called, would have absolutely no industry, no jobs, nothing to sustain it and no reason to exist.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
State of our country right now?  The Kremlin has more public access than the U.S. Capitol.

"Government of the People, by the people, and for the people"?

My ass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sneakypete wrote:
"If Congress needs a big wall to protect them from the voters,maybe WE need a new Congress?"

Maybe we do need "a new Congress".

It's past the time by which could be called "A Convention of the States".
That moment has gone by.

I'll be the first one in America to call for the following:
(and remember from whom you first heard this)
The time has come for a New Continental Congress.

It should be comprised of delegations from the remaining "traditional freedom states".
No one needs to be invited from "the new slavery states" such as California, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, etc. Admit delegations if they show up, but otherwise ignore them.

The New Congress should convene to discuss recent events that could lead to the end of The Republic, and perhaps to make proposals about how to "confront" and reverse such events.

Let it conclude with resolutions, etc. Perhaps even articles for a proposed "confederation" of such states.

The only way the communism that's coming at us can be met head-on, and the only way it can ever be opposed in an effective manner, is by such a grouping together of the remaining "free states" to present a unified alternative against the burgeoning American marxism.

Offline christian

Seems much of the bitching is aboutthe slowness of people finally comingto grips with the folly ofa one party government rule.  For some of the clueless and just awakening, the warnings during the election were sufficient, the denials were far too great.  So many election zombies finally waking up!
 :yowsa:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 05:59:02 am by christian »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, now. There are a bunch of very competent welders who have been put out of work by Mr. Biden &Co. Maybe they should just drive down to DC and weld those panels together (the damned gates, too). It won't keep those jackasses in, but sometimes it's really the thought that counts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Speaking of Capitol Police, we are approaching  4 weeks since the Capitol event, and we STILL do not know who the Cop was who shot the young lady.  How are they getting away with this?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

Until we had democrats turn to crisis management to rule, and create crisis-es to one party rule, turning the capital into a fortress was NEVER necessary.  It's like democrats are telling us they intend a more oppressive rule than even the Chinese or Russians and deeply fear the backlash.

Offline Smokin Joe

Until we had democrats turn to crisis management to rule, and create crisis-es to one party rule, turning the capital into a fortress was NEVER necessary.  It's like democrats are telling us they intend a more oppressive rule than even the Chinese or Russians and deeply fear the backlash.
Well, they do telegraph their punches...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

BINGO!  You are smart.  Bobby talks about how to do it. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The more you see of the democrats/Bidens executive orders that severely violate the Constitution and freedoms of America/Americans and destroy its economy, the more you will realize why democrats need the capital made into an impregnable fortress the democrats can feel safe from the reaches of an enraged and oppressed nation.  Democrats are moving swiftly to make it impossible for the populace to hold them accountable in any way.  It is the moves of an intended oppressor getting ready for a nasty tyranny.  On top of that they intend to disarm the nation soon, the laws been or being  passed.

@christian

THAT!

ALL of THAT!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
We've been told, in no uncertain terms, that "walls don't work".

But I'm all for a wall around Congress.   Treat the place like what it really is, a roach motel.

Didn't the Chinese weld innocent people into their apartments once the government let the Kung Flu escape...?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Smokin Joe

We've been told, in no uncertain terms, that "walls don't work".

But I'm all for a wall around Congress.   Treat the place like what it really is, a roach motel.

Didn't the Chinese weld innocent people into their apartments once the government let the Kung Flu escape...?
There are a bunch of (really good) pipeline welders out of work right now...

C S Lewis