Author Topic: Durbin to Graham: 'Regrettable' no hearing so far for Garland  (Read 159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin to Graham: 'Regrettable' no hearing so far for Garland
« on: February 02, 2021, 12:17:41 am »
Durbin to Graham: 'Regrettable' no hearing so far for Garland
By Jordain Carney - 02/01/21 05:57 PM EST

Senate Democrats are pushing for a Feb. 8 confirmation hearing for Merrick Garland, President Biden's pick to be attorney general.

Garland has yet to receive a hearing weeks after his nomination, in part because of a quirk that has left Republicans retaining control of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

While Democrats have the Senate majority, Republicans still control the committees because the Senate hasn't yet passed a power-sharing deal. Without an organizing resolution, the Senate committees are still following the organization for the 116th Congress. That leaves Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) as chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) sent a letter to Graham on Monday asking him to schedule the hearing, arguing that there was "simply no justification" to oppose giving Garland a hearing before the Judiciary Committee on Feb. 8.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/536836-durbin-to-graham-regrettable-no-hearing-so-far-for-garland
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Durbin to Graham: 'Regrettable' no hearing so far for Garland
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 12:44:26 am »
 :bkmk:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Durbin to Graham: 'Regrettable' no hearing so far for Garland
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 01:29:56 am »
#Resist has consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.