Author Topic: if You Get Sick - Pay Attention To Yourself - Just Lost A Good Friend To COVID  (Read 663 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I am sitting here stunned and really don't know what I should be feeling.

This was a man who was in good physical condition and had many years to look forward to.

I don't have a lot of details, but I suspect he may have waited to long to go to the hospital.  He came down with pneumonia and I think the hospital may have waited to long to figure out this was beyond them.  He was life-flighted to Albuquerque a couple of days ago.

He passed away last night.

I am coming off three weeks of dealing with this myself.  At all times, I was resolved that if I felt respiratory issues, I would head to the E.R.   As my wife is in AZ, I had friends check in with me. 

This thing is no joke (as I found out by dealing with loss of energy....fatique.....like I have never experienced). 

Please, please......

If you think you have an issue, pay attention.  Don't ignore it and hope it goes away.

Offline libertybele

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  You give a good message: pay attention to your body and to your health period. 

Before COVID was recognized or known of, for about a month I was fatigued like never before, exhausted, low energy, and I chalked it up to stress, low blood sugar, etc. I would run a fever for about ten minutes and then it would go away; this went on for weeks. From all the stories that I've heard, I think I may have had COVID.

It is a shame that your friend went to the hospital and the hospital may have waited to long to figure out what was going on; in light of this disease being highly contagious, you would think that they very first thing that they would have assumed was COVID.

I think a good thing for everybody to have on hand is an oxymeter; they are relatively inexpensive and even though people may feel that they are breathing ok, sometimes the oxygen saturation is actually low and that is the time to get to the hospital to make sure you don't have COVID.

Prayers up for your friend's family and for you as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 09:55:55 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

I'm confused.  Did he die of Covid, or did he die of pneumonia?  Both are treatable, but treatment is not the same for both.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I'm confused.  Did he die of Covid, or did he die of pneumonia?  Both are treatable, but treatment is not the same for both.

I don't know.

I just learned that he passed.

What I knew before was that he had COVID and developed pneumonia.

And yes, both are treatable.....as long as you don't wait until you are in a critical state.

I don't know the full story here, but I suspect it MAY have been a case of waiting to long.

I am still just without any kind of words. 

I am praying for his family.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  You give a good message: pay attention to your body and to your health period. 

Before COVID was recognized or known of, for about a month I was fatigued like never before, exhausted, low energy, and I chalked it up to stress, low blood sugar, etc. I would run a fever for about ten minutes and then it would go away; this went on for weeks. From all the stories that I've heard, I think I may have had COVID.

It is a shame that your friend went to the hospital and the hospital may have waited to long to figure out what was going on; in light of this disease being highly contagious, you would think that they very first thing that they would have assumed was COVID.

I think a good thing for everybody to have on hand is an oxymeter; they are relatively inexpensive and even though people may feel that they are breathing ok, sometimes the oxygen saturation is actually low and that is the time to get to the hospital to make sure you don't have COVID.

Prayers up for your friend's family and for you as well.

Thank you for those prayers. 

I believe they have influence.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
The following lists symptoms of different conditions. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/covid-and-pneumonia#1

If you think you have a "situation", please, please don't ignore it.

Offline Hoodat

That sounds like the case.  For pneumonia, heavy congestion is typically the sign to look for.  A stethoscope and a trained ear would be handy for that.  For Covid, an O2 monitor would be the tool to use.

My condolences for your loss.  Yes, at some point we all need to bite the bullet and visit a medical professional when sick.  I lost a very close friend to a stroke just over a year ago who was like a sister to me.  I still think about her often.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Sorry to hear of your loss, @HikerGuy83.

Covid causes the pneumonia. So "Did he die of Covid, or did he die of pneumonia?" is a distinction without a difference. The pneumonia Covid causes is particularly nasty and tough to fight.

Beware the bureaucrats Covid screening questions. Reality can be more complex and less obvious. For example, the fever can be cyclical instead of constant, and the "dry cough" may actually be "productive" (mine was). It's an uber-simple 3 day process to get tested at Walgreens, and I think we taxpayers pay for it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 10:32:25 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.