Author Topic: Liz Cheney Will Probably Survive but It Won't Mean What the Media Will Tell You It Means  (Read 293 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney Will Probably Survive but It Won't Mean What the Media Will Tell You It Means
By streiff | Jan 31, 2021 10:30 AM ET

Right now, Liz Cheney’s political career resembles a reanimated creature from an H. P. Lovecraft novel. It is quite dead yet is staggering about the landscape, unaware of that fact.

Cheney was one of that clique of NeverTrump members of the Republican caucus that sought to use their vote in favor of impeaching President Trump after he left office as a way of currying favor and acquiring political influence with Nancy Pelosi’s Democrats.

Far from achieving public acclaim for her strong statement demonstrating “muh principles,” her treachery (she blindsided House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy by not telling him in advance of her planned vote against the GOP conference she leads), she was repudiated by a unanimous vote of the Wyoming GOP (Liz Cheney Just Got Some Terrible News From Wyoming Republican Party) and has already drawn a formidable primary challenger. When the House Freedom Caucus started circulating a petition to demand a vote on stripping Cheney of her leadership position, political observers who had framed this as a media stunt were shocked when over half of the House GOP members signed on.

The next phase is a House Republican Conference meeting where a secret ballot will be taken that requires two-thirds of the members to vote to remove her.

more
https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/01/31/liz-cheney-will-probably-survive-but-it-wont-mean-what-the-media-will-tell-you-it-means-n319480
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
To be clear, the author's premise is only that she'll survive the effort to kick her out of her leadership position.  It only mentions in passing she already has a formidable Primary opponent for 2022.  I doubt she'll survive that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Her primary opponent will be the 2nd person on the national stage I will give a donation to.  Cheney and all RINOs need to be primaried and gotten rid of.
 :yowsa:

Offline bilo

The next phase is a House Republican Conference meeting where a secret ballot will be taken that requires two-thirds of the members to vote to remove her.

When the vote is taken we will either find out that Pubs really do represent middle America (Cheney being voted out) or that the Pubs really represent their corp. masters (Cheney stays in leadership).

I'm eager to see how the vote goes. I suspect that 75% will vote to keep Cheney in leadership.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

When the vote is taken we will either find out that Pubs really do represent middle America (Cheney being voted out) or that the Pubs really represent their corp. masters (Cheney stays in leadership).

I'm eager to see how the vote goes. I suspect that 75% will vote to keep Cheney in leadership.

We'll never know.  It's a secret.  All we'll know is either pass or fail.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

We'll never know.  It's a secret.  All we'll know is either pass or fail.

I am hoping the results will end up being leaked by someone in power who is tired of being played for a fool.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
To be clear, the author's premise is only that she'll survive the effort to kick her out of her leadership position.  It only mentions in passing she already has a formidable Primary opponent for 2022.  I doubt she'll survive that.
Considering that Wyoming depends on revenues from oil and gas and coal, her ass is grass, and the prairie fire is coming.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis