Author Topic: Former Trump officials find tough job market  (Read 228 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Trump officials find tough job market
« on: January 31, 2021, 06:47:44 pm »
Former Trump officials find tough job market
By Alex Gangitano - 01/29/21 08:17 PM EST

Corporate America is showing no signs of rushing to snatch up the vast majority of high-level Trump officials.

Prominent figures from the Trump era were already facing tough job prospects at the end of 2020, but top U.S. companies have further distanced themselves from Republicans following the deadly mob attack on the Capitol earlier this month.

Several ex-officials have secured employment at right-leaning think tanks and conservative organizations instead of landing plum jobs as corporate executives or board members, while others such as former White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow are returning to their previous line of work on cable news.

Experts say the range of employment opportunities for former Trump aides is increasingly limited, with many companies mindful of the potential for consumer, employee or shareholder backlash if they extend a job offer to a divisive figure.

“I do think a lot of these people are going to have to go to friends and family because that’s where they’re going to get hired. Not everyone, but I think the more political you are, that might be your only option at the moment,” said Ivan Adler, president of Ivan Adler Associates, a lobbyist recruitment firm.

The job prospects for Trump officials are decidedly different than they were for Obama aides in January 2017, when the 44th president left office with an approval rating near 60 percent. Former President Trump’s approval rating was about half that on Jan. 20, marking the lowest point of his presidency.

Several top Trump officials have landed jobs, though not at the kinds of high-profile places where many Obama alumni ended up.

“I think Fortune 500 companies are going to be extra careful about bringing on board folks from the recent administration,” one recruiter said. “Especially now that everyone has sort of hit pause on corporate giving, I think everyone is super sensitive not to seem like they’re signaling something that they don’t intend to by hiring someone who’s recently exited.”

more
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/536588-former-trump-officials-find-tough-job-market-after-capitol-attack
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Former Trump officials find tough job market
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 11:44:26 pm »
"Worked for Trump..."

Meet the New Jew.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 12:05:54 am »
That just can't be right, all that mattered is that Trump was defeated, REMEMBER ?
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 12:13:14 am »
That just can't be right, all that mattered is that Trump was defeated, REMEMBER ?
 :smokin:

Yes, and that class returns to the White House.

Orange man baaad.

Where Trump is concerned The Hill creates its own reality.