Author Topic: Pence plans to form fundraising group as he moves beyond Trump, Capitol riot  (Read 450 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pence plans to form fundraising group as he moves beyond Trump, Capitol riot
NBC, Jan 31, 2021

WASHINGTON — Former Vice President Mike Pence is beginning to build a political future without Donald Trump, including making plans to form a policy-focused fundraising committee that would help him maintain a relationship with donors, according to multiple sources familiar with his plans.

Pence, who left Washington and took a post-inauguration vacation with his wife in St. Croix, in the U.S. Virgin Islands, ahead of resettling in Indiana, is expected to announce his new venture in the coming weeks, sources said.

To say the end of his time in office was rocky would be to put it mildly. His relationship with Trump has been virtually non-existent since a mob of the former president's followers stormed the U.S. Capitol in a failed attempt to assassinate Pence and overturn the outcome of the election. Before the Jan. 6 riot, Pence's time with Trump had been defined by the vice president's role as a loyal soldier.

[...]

Within the next month, he is likely to announce the formation of a non-profit social welfare organization to amplify his positions on a “consistent conservative philosophy,” as one person familiar with the plan described it. Such groups, known as 501(c)4's, can be active on political issues, but are not allowed to engage in campaigning, and can attract millions of dollars by keeping their donors secret.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/pence-plans-form-political-group-he-moves-beyond-time-trump-n1256259

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The deep state's insurance policy is looking for cash.  He should start with George Soros.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Retire Pence.  Doubt you would make top 10 of most any Republican right now for 2024.

OTOH, maybe @BassWrangler can check his couch and send  you his Freeper donation budget. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online dfwgator

DOA

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump rioters seeking to assassinate Mike Pence on Jan 6th?  Yeah, sure.

I think if truth were told, the vast majority of folks inside the Capitol were Antifa and BLM.  But you will never hear that from the corrupt media, or worse than corrupt FBI.

Pence may not be done.  If he runs for senator, he might have a shot.  But he will never be POTUS.  He has the charisma of a carrot.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
He has the charisma of a carrot.

Carrots can jazz up a soup or a stew.  Don't sell them short.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

a mob of the former president's followers stormed the U.S. Capitol in a failed attempt to assassinate Pence and overturn the outcome of the election.
:silly:  NBC, figures.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Carrots are boring by themselves.  That is the POINT!!!

One of my favorite dishes is a carrot dish.  I could eat it every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. LITERALLY!!!

When I make it, the recipe calls of 1 KG of carrots, and it last 4-5 days of us eating it for lunch and dinner.  Very tasty.  Anyone want the recipe, I will send it to you.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Carrots are boring by themselves.  That is the POINT!!!

One of my favorite dishes is a carrot dish.  I could eat it every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. LITERALLY!!!

When I make it, the recipe calls of 1 KG of carrots, and it last 4-5 days of us eating it for lunch and dinner.  Very tasty.  Anyone want the recipe, I will send it to you.

Our staple is boiling one large package of baby peeled carrots till soft.  .  Add a stick of butter and an ounce of dill weed.  Bring back to slight boil and stir. The perfect side.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If indeed he has his eyes on the presidency in 2024 there is no way in hell I'd vote for the traitor.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
If indeed he has his eyes on the presidency in 2024 there is no way in hell I'd vote for the traitor.

I watched all the proceedings of the January 6th.  If you were write a book on it, it would be "Profiles in Cowardice" He was pale in fear,  and his demeanor was that of a limp wick. He stood up, and stood up for nothing.

BassWrangler

Retire Pence.  Doubt you would make top 10 of most any Republican right now for 2024.

OTOH, maybe @BassWrangler can check his couch and send  you his Freeper donation budget. :silly:

@catfish1957
Just got a new couch. Need time to restock the funds.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Pence ought to visit the local NAPA dealership.
I'm sure they need an auto parts driver or two...