General Category > Weather

Complex, long-duration winter storm for the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic/Northeast, U.S.

<< < (2/3) > >>

libertybele:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on January 31, 2021, 12:42:44 am ---This is the first real noticeable cold we've had all season where I've been. Temperatures here haven't even approached zero, which is unusual for this time of year.

--- End quote ---

This entire month has been very cold for this area. Normally we see a few cold days here and there, but  for the most part our temps have been below normal.  Not supposed to get up into the low 80's for another week or so.  We've dipped down into the low 40's several nights.  So far my baby palm trees are withstanding the cold nights and cooler days.

Right_in_Virginia:
We're predicted to get 4-8 inches of snow with intermittent ice showers starting tomorrow through Monday. (Steve's at Safeway now for supplies   happy77 )

If this happens, look for DC and our esteemed federal government to be closed until Thursday.    wink777

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on January 31, 2021, 01:12:41 am ---We're predicted to get 4-8 inches of snow with intermittent ice showers starting tomorrow through Monday. (Steve's at Safeway now for supplies   happy77 )

If this happens, look for DC and our esteemed federal government to be closed until Thursday.    wink777

--- End quote ---

They could stay closed for the next 4 years or so and I think we'd all be just fine.

Elderberry:

--- Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on January 31, 2021, 01:12:41 am ---We're predicted to get 4-8 inches of snow with intermittent ice showers starting tomorrow through Monday. (Steve's at Safeway now for supplies   happy77 )

--- End quote ---

My son's living just outside of Dulles now and he always looks forward to get some snow as he's lived just until a few years ago down in SE Houston.

Gefn:

--- End quote ---

I’m hearing anywhere from 5-13 inches. I have a snow alert, a freeze alert and a flooding alert on my weather app.

I don’t know. I have to run to the grocery store this morning because the whole world and it’s wife will be out shopping. I need coffee!  :coffee!:

And eggs, milk, fresh veggies and fruit, and some other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version