Author Topic: Democrats weigh expanding lower courts after Trump blitz  (Read 294 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats weigh expanding lower courts after Trump blitz
« on: January 30, 2021, 11:27:47 pm »
Democrats weigh expanding lower courts after Trump blitz
By Jordain Carney - 01/30/21 05:00 PM EST

Democrats are mulling how to reshape the federal judiciary after Republicans moved at record speed to confirm conservative judges over the past four years.

Former President Trump, aided by a GOP-controlled Senate, set the second-fastest pace on record for judicial appointments, allowing him to stack the courts with picks, including three Supreme Court justices, who were overwhelmingly white, younger and ideologically conservative.

President Biden has 50 vacancies to fill: three on the influential circuit courts and 47 in district courts. That number will eventually grow, including an opening on the powerful D.C. circuit court once Merrick Garland is confirmed as attorney general.

As Democrats plot their strategy, they are floating expanding the number of lower court seats, an idea that could have some bipartisan support.

“I have in the city of Buffalo a huge — they don't have enough judges. There's this long line before you can get to court because they don't have enough. So we could expand those,” Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said during a recent interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/536583-democrats-weigh-expanding-lower-courts-after-trump-blitz
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Democrats weigh expanding lower courts after Trump blitz
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 11:29:49 pm »
Dimocratic Rule No. 1....  If you can't win, change the rules.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:33:12 am »
Living in a one party, heavily corrupted government society. The Presidency, both houses,the nations ultra-rich heavily backing them, nearly all the media ready to do their dirty work and the democrats obsess that near dictator power isn't enough for them.  They demand full dictator power like Maduro.  You really want that kind of Utopia society, rule by monarch-dictator ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 07:12:23 am »
Stealth Packing.

They'll have to eliminate the filibuster to do this, unless Mitch McConnell signs on...and he might go along.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.