Author Topic: Biden closes first full week in office with high job approval ratings  (Read 158 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden closes first full week in office with high job approval ratings
by David M. Drucker, Senior Political Correspondent |
 | January 29, 2021 05:27 PM

President Biden finished his first week in the White House with a near-56% job approval, suggesting a majority of people are pleased with his low-key governance compared to former President Donald Trump's provocative populism.

Biden’s job approval stood at 55.7% in the RealClearPolitics average Friday afternoon, with five of six surveys taken since the Jan. 20 inauguration showing the Democrat above 50%. Just one poll, from Rasmussen, had the new president below, albeit still in positive territory — at 49%.

Biden’s initial strong job approval, well above Trump’s mid-40s, first-week average, comes despite questions about the efficacy of his plan to defeat the coronavirus and uncertainty about the pandemic relief plan he submitted to Congress.

Presidents, especially in the modern era, tend to begin their tenure with healthy approval ratings, only to see them diminish as their agenda gets bogged down or proves unpopular — or their administrations are beset by controversy or scandal. So, Biden’s strong first-week job marks are hardly unusual nor predictive.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/biden-first-week-job-approval-ratings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Biden closes first full week in office with high job approval ratings
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 03:10:59 pm »
"Low key governance"

Meaning no one outside of our conservative bubble knows what the ^%@ is going on.

You can't make this stuff up.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 03:17:40 pm »
"Low key governance"

Meaning no one outside of our conservative bubble knows what the ^%@ is going on.

You can't make this stuff up.

So true.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 03:27:31 pm »
So true.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I think of my wonderful sons and my heart weeps.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck