Author Topic: Biden’s Worst Executive Order Went Almost Entirely Unnoticed  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Worst Executive Order Went Almost Entirely Unnoticed
I & I Editorial Board
January 29, 2021

I&I Editorial

In the flurry of President Joe Biden’s executive orders was one that was almost entirely overlooked but could easily end up having the biggest impact.

The order also seems harmless enough, going by the seemingly innocent title “Modernizing Regulatory Review.” Except this order isn’t about modernizing regulations. It’s about unleashing the regulatory state with a ferocity never before seen in this country.

Biden’s order – which didn’t get released to the press until late in the evening of his first day – aims to effectively toss the cost-benefit analysis that for many decades has served as at least a modest brake on the ambitions of regulators. In the past, regulations where the cost of compliance far exceeded the benefits could be stymied by the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

Biden wants the review process instead to be “a tool to affirmatively promote regulations” and “to ensure swift and effective federal action” on everything from the pandemic, to the economy, to racial inequality, to the “undeniable reality and accelerating threat of climate change.” In other words … everything.

Clyde Wayne Crews, a regulation expert at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, said that Biden’s order is “likely to do away with cost-benefit analysis by elevating unquantifiable aims as benefits and deny costs of regulation altogether.” In doing so, it will “put weight on the scales of whether or not to regulate such that the answer will always be in the affirmative.”

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/01/29/bidens-worst-executive-order-went-almost-entirely-unnoticed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden’s Worst Executive Order Went Almost Entirely Unnoticed
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 05:22:36 pm »
My take.  In the past, when there were sweeping changes in a specific area of regulatory requirements that have significant impact on society or monetarialy, congress would reuathorize or amend an Act (Statute).  Basically, then giving Agencies or departments authorization  to promulgate rules and regulations that support the act.

My bet?  Pedo Joe guts the RIA requirements , and any cost benefit/harm will be swept under the carpet...   Especially as NGD gets rolling. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Biden’s Worst Executive Order Went Almost Entirely Unnoticed
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:06:35 am »
The purpose of power is power.

What's the point in having power if some silly rules try to stop the powerful from using their power?   

The powerful don't care if their exercise of power hurts others...that is actually usually their goal.

So naturally they're going to have their Rubber Stamp pound some ink onto orders erasing the limits to their power.

Also, without these rules in place, the petty bureaucrats can do all the damage they want and Congress can hide from the consequences and plead that it's not their fault when one or two cases manages to break through their propaganda filters on mass media and the next Solyndra comes to the public eye.

There will be MANY more Solyndras now.   Rodents will be grabbing all the free taxpayer money they can while the grabbing is easy.

This was a predictable as the new Invasion Trains rushing the Southern Border.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.