Author Topic: Jim Jordan mulling Ohio Senate run after Portman's retirement  (Read 294 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jim Jordan mulling Ohio Senate run after Portman's retirement
« on: January 28, 2021, 07:37:25 pm »
Jim Jordan mulling Ohio Senate run after Portman's retirement
Ohio congressman told 'The Ingraham Angle': 'We haven't decided anything'

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan is "considering" running for GOP Sen. Rob Portman’s seat, after the two-term senator from Ohio announced he would not seek reelection in 2022, Fox News has learned.

A source familiar told Fox News that Jordan, R-Ohio, is "considering it."

But Jordan has yet to commit, saying he has not yet decided.

"We haven't decided anything," Jordan said on "The Ingraham Angle" Wednesday night, adding that he is focused on his work in the House.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jim-jordan-ohio-senate-run-consideration-portman-retirement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Jim Jordan mulling Ohio Senate run after Portman's retirement
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 09:17:36 pm »
Jim Jordan says he won't run for Senate in 2022
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/536371-jim-jordan-says-he-wont-run-for-senate-in-2022

And I was just going to say, "I'll contribute to his campaign!".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 09:29:12 pm »
I like Jim Jordan and there are a few other conservatives that I like.

However, I cannot and will not support anyone that runs under the GOP umbrella.

I think that they are wasting their time and will do nothing more than run into liberal obstacles, rules changes, demographic changes that will make it impossible to win or retain their seats.

I'm hoping that Jordan, Cruz, Hawley, Paul and others quickly see the writing on the wall and start a new regime.  With the DEM fraud and corruption and the assault from the left on our Constitution IMHO it's the only way that our Republic may stand a chance of re-emerging stronger and better.

Forget 2022...the time to move is NOW!

I contacted the Constitution party headquarters and also the Florida chapter.  They have not responded. I assume that they have disbanned; I was hoping that the party still existed and could be expanded.  Certainly their platform with a few tweaks would have been a viable option to build on.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:31:16 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 10:38:57 pm »
I like Jim Jordan and there are a few other conservatives that I like.

However, I cannot and will not support anyone that runs under the GOP umbrella.

I think that they are wasting their time and will do nothing more than run into liberal obstacles, rules changes, demographic changes that will make it impossible to win or retain their seats.

I'm hoping that Jordan, Cruz, Hawley, Paul and others quickly see the writing on the wall and start a new regime.  With the DEM fraud and corruption and the assault from the left on our Constitution IMHO it's the only way that our Republic may stand a chance of re-emerging stronger and better.

Forget 2022...the time to move is NOW!

I contacted the Constitution party headquarters and also the Florida chapter.  They have not responded. I assume that they have disbanned; I was hoping that the party still existed and could be expanded.  Certainly their platform with a few tweaks would have been a viable option to build on.

While I agree entirely with your sentiment, I would ask you to consider another option. Pick your votes based on the person running, ignore their "party" and examine the character and positions of the candidate...if they meet your issue/ethics standards, I would argue that a more impactful choice might be for you to vote for that individual. I would hate to see a man like Jordan run for office and lose because many of us are disgusted with the R before his name...as a man seeking real change, at this point in time he has no real option but to run as a Republican if he hopes to have any electoral success.

Just a thought and apologies if it comes across as intrusive...but guys like Jordan are the "good guys" in this and I don't want to see them pay the cost for the a-holes (RINO's/NT's) who are NOT good guys.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 01:22:35 am »
I predict that the demo-communists are going to put the Ohio Senate race into "top priority mode" and get a solid underground election apparatus into place there for 2022.

Having said that, not sure why Jordan gave up so quickly.
Somethin's not right about that.