Author Topic: Trump-boosting Arizona GOP chief Kelli Ward's narrow victory in doubt with calls for audit  (Read 922 times)

Online corbe

Trump-boosting Arizona GOP chief Kelli Ward's narrow victory in doubt with calls for audit

by Daniel Chaitin, Breaking News Editor & Carly Roman, Associate News Editor
January 28, 2021 12:01 AM

A top Arizona ally of former President Donald Trump in his campaign to challenge the results of the 2020 election is now facing demands for a closer examination of her own contest that she narrowly won.

Kelli Ward, who was reelected chairwoman of the Arizona Republican Party this month by a mere 42 votes, is so far silent in the face of calls for the party, including from her top challenger, to conduct an audit of the results.

“This isn’t about the chairman’s race," Sergio Arellano, the Arizona businessman who came in second place to Ward in their weekend election face-off, said in a written statement obtained by the Arizona Republic. "This is about election integrity."

Kim Owens, a GOP consultant serving as Arellano's spokesperson, said irregularities in the voting process demanded an audit. The report said doubts about the GOP chief race were raised after the winner of another contest, for an at-large committee member position, was told that she had lost. In a separate statement, Arellano claimed that he "fully" expects the audit to confirm the results of his contest, but the "reversal" of that other race prompted "a number of committeemen" to raise concerns and ask him to request an audit "because only a candidate for party office can do so."

“This is not about one person or one race. It’s about the integrity of our elections," Owens said. "With the absence of the tapes from the machines or any documentation of where votes came from, and in most races, a lack of numbers, of tallies, we need to see evidence that everything is as it should be.”

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/arizona-kelli-ward-victory-in-doubt-calls-for-audit
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

Anything that gets Republicans in the habit of demanding audits is a good thing.  Wish this had happened last November.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Is this a real issue, @Cyber Liberty? Or is it harassment by sore-loser MOOOOOOooooooooooderates?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess Allerano had a knife in his hand when he was congratulating Kelli Ward on the stage and patting her on the back after her election. 

So who should I be pissed at here?  I voted for Kelli, she's a personal friend.   :shrug:

BTW, the difference between them was about 3% of the vote.  We passed a bylaw resolution restricting Proxies to only 3 per carrier from now on because there were people in Maricopa County who were carrying 40 Proxies!  If there were shenanigans, they were done by Allerano supporters, not Ward's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is this a real issue, @Cyber Liberty? Or is it harassment by sore-loser MOOOOOOooooooooooderates?

Sore Loser.  His attempt to stuff the ballot box with Proxies fell short of his goal.

You missed it because you were sick, but Mrs. Liberty and I are AZ State Committeemen, and we were in Phoenix for this meeting.  Sore Loserman is trying to rub out our votes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I guess Allerano had a knife in his hand when he was congratulating Kelli Ward on the stage and patting her on the back after her election. 

So who should I be pissed at here?  I voted for Kelli, she's a personal friend.   :shrug:

BTW, the difference between them was about 3% of the vote.  We passed a bylaw resolution restricting Proxies to only 3 per carrier from now on because there were people in Maricopa County who were carrying 40 Proxies!  If there were shenanigans, they were done by Allerano supporters, not Ward's.

If he has a legitimate complaint, they should hear it out.

We need to do all we can to keep our elections as transparent as possible so that questions like these will not be common or even possible.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If he has a legitimate complaint, they should hear it out.

We need to do all we can to keep our elections as transparent as possible so that questions like these will not be common or even possible.

He doesn't have a legitimate complaint.  While a request for an audit option is in the State Bylaws, the request must be made that day, and there were no specific "irregularities" in the complaint.  The Sore Loser waited almost a week.  It's all monkey poop being thrown by the anti-Ward people.

A correction to the post you quoted:   The Proxy fix did not get the 67% threshold needed to pass, so there will continue to be mass abuse of the Proxies.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
He doesn't have a legitimate complaint.  While a request for an audit option is in the State Bylaws, the request must be made that day, and there were no specific "irregularities" in the complaint.  The Sore Loser waited almost a week.  It's all monkey poop being thrown by the anti-Ward people.

A correction to the post you quoted:   The Proxy fix did not get the 67% threshold needed to pass, so there will continue to be mass abuse of the Proxies.

Please explain the mass abuse of proxies. 

Sounds more like election B.S. to me.  I would like to be able to start mouthing off to people.

But since I am unclear on what you are talking about....I don't feel in a position to do so ?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Please explain the mass abuse of proxies. 

Sounds more like election B.S. to me.  I would like to be able to start mouthing off to people.

But since I am unclear on what you are talking about....I don't feel in a position to do so ?

There were people carrying dozens of Proxies (each) to that meeting, as they've done at previous meetings.  One guy had 39 Proxies.  The proposed Bylaw was to limit the number of Proxies to three per carrier.  The Proxie votes were plenty enough to defeat the proposed Bylaw change.

(I was there, and I carried two Proxies.)
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
There were people carrying dozens of Proxies (each) to that meeting, as they've done at previous meetings.  One guy had 39 Proxies.  The proposed Bylaw was to limit the number of Proxies to three per carrier.  The Proxie votes were plenty enough to defeat the proposed Bylaw change.

(I was there, and I carried two Proxies.)

Yes, that really reeks of corruption. 

39 proxies is simply ridiculous.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
It's Valentine's Day and the latest I can find on the Net is from about Feb 1-3. 

Is this going to get traction ?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's Valentine's Day and the latest I can find on the Net is from about Feb 1-3. 

Is this going to get traction ?

Nope. The story died in only a few days.

Kelli Ward is on solid ground here.
I will NOT comply.