Author Topic: Stop the Third Party Insanity  (Read 5333 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Stop the Third Party Insanity
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 07:19:23 pm »
You're the one who can't handle the truth.   Quit whining and celebrate what's good and right about our Republic.

Well, you opened up this topic. So please enlighten me as to what is good and right about our Republic. She is quickly sinking into an abyss. I'm not talking about the past, I am talking about since Biden has taken office.  Yes, I realize he's only been in for a very short period of time, but the destruction has already started.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 08:22:03 pm »
Of course you stay GOP.   Otherwise you've declared your irrelevance.

Funny, bit I see that exactly the other way around. Shall I return to get played for another couple decades with no results at all?

The Republican party is for suckers.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 10:27:08 pm »
Why does the GOP need to purged of anyone who opposes Trump?   What of those of us who are Reaganites, or libertarians, or, God forbid,  want to see fiscal responsibility and balanced budgets?    The GOP can only succeed as a coalition.

This is possibly the most foolish post I've ever seen you make on this board.   If your vision of the GOP doesn't include Main Street conservatism,  then maybe it's best that you exit the arena for your safe little corner of like -minded Trump religionists..

Yes, it DOES need to be a coalition. However, it cannot consist of anyone who will undermine a GOP president out of personal animus (See Romney, Kasich, Sasse and others)...nor anyone who would vote for impeachment when that impeachment is utterly without merit (See Cheney and the others of her ilk in the House and Senate)...nor those traitorous Quislings who will not fight even when their very own party's President is being railroaded and lied about by the press, the Dems and other agents of the far left.

There's a big difference between coalition partners, and traitorous slime who would rather give comfort to the enemy...and yes, I said enemy...then stand with conservatism. There is plenty of room for disagreement and a range of opinion...within the party..but there is ZERO room for Benedict Arnolds who take that argument outside and side with the Left on ANY issue.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:29:55 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2021, 01:30:51 am »
bele wonders:
"The question is Where Do We Go From Here and How Do We Get There??"

Traditional-minded Americans don't need a new party.

Rather, we need a new country -- carved out of the body of the existing one.

Is it time yet for a Second Continental Congress...?

Otherwise, remember Orwell's image:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2021, 01:36:26 am »
Well, you opened up this topic. So please enlighten me as to what is good and right about our Republic. She is quickly sinking into an abyss. I'm not talking about the past, I am talking about since Biden has taken office.  Yes, I realize he's only been in for a very short period of time, but the destruction has already started.

Whats "good and right about our republic" is the upstart republican base is on the run, and people like Nikki Haley, Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell are back in the catbird seat - undisputed potentates of the eternally second place Grand Old Party.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 01:37:22 am by skeeter »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 03:45:26 am »
Whats "good and right about our republic" is the upstart republican base is on the run, and people like Nikki Haley, Mitt Romney and Mitch McConnell are back in the catbird seat - undisputed potentates of the eternally second place Grand Old Party.

Gonna disagree, skeeter, which is rare as I generally think you're spot on. Those 3, and their ilk, may believe they are regaining position in the party...but it ain't gonna happen. President Trump is taking a brief and well earned "refit and re-arm", but you can bet...he is going to take over this party and purge the crapola out of it. He will start with the RNC and the housecleaning will flow down from there....the Cheney's, Cindy McCain's, Romney's and many others are going to find they are persona non-grata in the GOP. Its going to be beautiful.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 03:59:11 am »
Why does the GOP need to purged of anyone who opposes Trump?   What of those of us who are Reaganites, or libertarians, or, God forbid,  want to see fiscal responsibility and balanced budgets?    The GOP can only succeed as a coalition.

The acrimony has already made a mess out of 2022.  Ducey and Portman were convinced not to run ... little chance of taking the senate now, and a distinct possibility the dems will nuke the filibuster.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 04:22:07 am »
The acrimony has already made a mess out of 2022.  Ducey and Portman were convinced not to run ... little chance of taking the senate now, and a distinct possibility the dems will nuke the filibuster.

Ducey?!?!  The guy who's one of the most unpopular governors in the country...the guy who is in the Cindy McCain camp?  The guy who did NOTHING to investigate the broad vote fraud that occurred here in Arizona? Ducey being the GOP Senate nomine is never gonna happen and SHOULD never happen. He's exactly the kind of person we DO NOT want running for high office as a Republican. Ditto for Portman.

Give me some Andy Biggs running against Kelly...a real conservative who's loyal. I'll pass on more Quislings like Ducey.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2021, 05:59:40 am »
I wonder how the Whigs are doing these days? Oh yeah, they were replaced by a "third party". I guess it has happened before.

When the new Republican Party ran it's first candidate in it's first Presidential election, there was no third party of note.

The election of 1860 consisted of the Republicans running one candidate, Abraham Lincoln, and the Democrats running three candidates...the Democrats that year decided that not only should they run a first party candidate, Stephen Douglas, but a third party candidate AND a fourth candidate as well, the names of whom I'd have to look up and I don't feel like it right now.

The Rodents split their vote three ways, the GOP did not split their vote.

That's why the GOP won.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 06:10:07 am »
??? How do you propose to do that?  Getting rid of RINO's how?  The ballot box is broken and the GOPe leadership will try to ensure that RINO incumbents keep their seats.  Chance are most will be thrown out on their ears next election cycle anyways by the corruption and fraud of the DEMS. 

Let the GOP fall; but something needs to be done before that.

Trump already stated that he's no longer interested in forming the Patriot Party.

How to get rid of the RINOs?

Vote them out in the primaries.

If that doesn't work, and it won't work every time, there's the Nuclear Option. 

Vote for the Rodent instead.

Say Wyoming fails to primary out that disgraceful Cheney broad...the anti-RINO, pro-American coalition of Wyoming is left with a choice, to either have their whine glass polluted for another two years with a turd claiming to speak for them, or to flush the glass down the drain and suffer with the stench of a Rodent for two years, and then they start with a clean slate in the primaries in 2024...

...and if Cheney doesn't get the hint, if the RINOs don't get the hint that time...rinse and repeat until the stain of RINO is expunged from the GOP.

Yeah.  It's going to be vey painful.

Liberty isn't a gift, remember?

On the other side of the coin, the GOP is not just voters and politicians.  The GOP is a vast network of local, state and national workers, organized on every level, and if the people who make up the grass roots of the party...us...want to change how the party is run, the we the people need to purge the party workers also, so that never again can a useless traitor like Steele be elected to party leadership roles.   

In other words, to steal a phrase from the Rodents, the GOP voters have to wake up and see who the men are behind the curtains that pull the real strings, and replace them.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 06:21:36 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2021, 06:20:02 am »
Give me a Rino, I will vote 3rd party....

If Trump is the 3rd party choice, I will vote 4th party. 

Eventually I will vote for a good person.... no matter how far down the line I have to go.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2021, 06:34:07 am »
Give me a Rino, I will vote 3rd party....

If Trump is the 3rd party choice, I will vote 4th party. 

Eventually I will vote for a good person.... no matter how far down the line I have to go.

Something wrong with President Trump?   He started too many wars?  Failed to keep election promises?  Disobeyed the Constitution?   He's not a good person?   

From the last 32 years of presidential candidates, we've had self-serving RINOs (Bush, Bush, Bush!), rapists, illegal aliens, cowards in swiftboats, profiteering AGW Cult-leaders, a back-stabbing Father Of Obama-Care, and, now, a zombie puppet with a Chinese arm up his backside. 

Trump was the best candidate the US has seen, from not only either side, but from any turd party, too, to run for the office of the Presidency, since 1988.

Ted Cruz was okay in 2016, and I would have voted for him in the primary except the CA primaries were way late in the game and I got to see Cruz for a while.  He didn't compare well to Trump.   I'm not a fan of hidden taxes, he is, or at least was in 2016.  Maybe he's grown up?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2021, 07:02:15 am »
Something wrong with President Trump?   He started too many wars?  Failed to keep election promises?  Disobeyed the Constitution?   He's not a good person?   

List of promises... you can mark them yourself (listed below)... you can start off his first day with telling Hilary she was off the hook.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.0.html

Not a good person? Ask his exes if cheating on them was relevant.

NY Values (see video) is all I got from Trump... he had no core values, he was a populist jello-spined blow hard that waved a Bible in one hand and his book in his other. One could describe Trump in three words... Me Me Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

Trump didn't start wars .. true, except with everyone he could tweet about (often for no reason other than his pride got butt hurt).

Do I think impeachment was due... No, but he did himself no favors with some of the people he choose to associate with.

As much as the left hated Trump, Don did little other than pour gas on himself the whole time he was in office. Trump was his own worse enemy.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:10:58 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dancer

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2021, 12:18:04 pm »
Our opinions differ. I think the ideological difference is no longer "left and right", but "elite and non-elite". Viewed in this way it is clear that we have one party for the elites, and no party for the non-elites. Some Republicans are part of the "non-elite" camp, just as some Whigs were anti-slavery. But since the establishment members of the Whigs insisted on doing nothing about slavery, the anti-slavery Whigs left to form a new party, the Republicans. I can see the same thing happening with the anti-elite Republicans, since the Republican establishment (the GOPe) insists on doing nothing about (or even opening supporting) the elites.
Once people catch on that it isn't about R vs. D, things start to make sense.  Things have not been R vs. D for a long time.   It's the lie the Elites have sold the public, and they have swallowed it.  The Rinos are not Republicans at all, they are globalist, NWO supporters.  They actually think that the Elites will give them a piece of the pie, when they are merely useful idiots. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2021, 02:47:58 pm »
When the new Republican Party ran it's first candidate in it's first Presidential election, there was no third party of note.

The election of 1860 consisted of the Republicans running one candidate, Abraham Lincoln, and the Democrats running three candidates...the Democrats that year decided that not only should they run a first party candidate, Stephen Douglas, but a third party candidate AND a fourth candidate as well, the names of whom I'd have to look up and I don't feel like it right now.

The Rodents split their vote three ways, the GOP did not split their vote.

That's why the GOP won.

John C. Breckinridge and John Bell were the others @Sled Dog.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2021, 02:49:59 pm »
Once people catch on that it isn't about R vs. D, things start to make sense.  Things have not been R vs. D for a long time.   It's the lie the Elites have sold the public, and they have swallowed it.  The Rinos are not Republicans at all, they are globalist, NWO supporters.  They actually think that the Elites will give them a piece of the pie, when they are merely useful idiots.

There is only one party inside the Washington beltway. The "How do we fleece the sheep today" party.  And that has LONG been the case!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2021, 03:09:18 pm »

How to get rid of the RINOs?

Vote them out in the primaries.

If that doesn't work, and it won't work every time, there's the Nuclear Option. 

Vote for the Rodent instead.

Say Wyoming fails to primary out that disgraceful Cheney broad...the anti-RINO, pro-American coalition of Wyoming is left with a choice, to either have their whine glass polluted for another two years with a turd claiming to speak for them, or to flush the glass down the drain and suffer with the stench of a Rodent for two years, and then they start with a clean slate in the primaries in 2024...

...and if Cheney doesn't get the hint, if the RINOs don't get the hint that time...rinse and repeat until the stain of RINO is expunged from the GOP.

Yeah.  It's going to be vey painful.

Liberty isn't a gift, remember?

On the other side of the coin, the GOP is not just voters and politicians.  The GOP is a vast network of local, state and national workers, organized on every level, and if the people who make up the grass roots of the party...us...want to change how the party is run, the we the people need to purge the party workers also, so that never again can a useless traitor like Steele be elected to party leadership roles.   

In other words, to steal a phrase from the Rodents, the GOP voters have to wake up and see who the men are behind the curtains that pull the real strings, and replace them.

Well, @Sled Dog I labored within the belly of the Republican Party for more than forty years. Right up to the middle of the 2016 national convention before I left  (Changing the rules in the middle of the fight was too much for me.) and I'm not one bit sorry for doing that either.

Forty years of empty promises and outright lies being told directly to my face took a toll on me and I'm done with that forever. 

I was as never Trump as they came in 2016 and never voted for him until this year but I will tell you that he turned out to be the best president we have had at least since Ronald Reagan. IMHO we owe Donald John Trump a debt that we can never repay for ripping the mask off official Washington. 

The Republic is now dead and we won't get it back without the spilling of much blood so there isn't much point in discussing HOW that happened now.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2021, 03:33:30 pm »
Well, @Sled Dog I labored within the belly of the Republican Party for more than forty years. Right up to the middle of the 2016 national convention before I left  (Changing the rules in the middle of the fight was too much for me.) and I'm not one bit sorry for doing that either.

Forty years of empty promises and outright lies being told directly to my face took a toll on me and I'm done with that forever. 

I was as never Trump as they came in 2016 and never voted for him until this year but I will tell you that he turned out to be the best president we have had at least since Ronald Reagan. IMHO we owe Donald John Trump a debt that we can never repay for ripping the mask off official Washington. 

The Republic is now dead and we won't get it back without the spilling of much blood so there isn't much point in discussing HOW that happened now.

Not many people are capable of allowing actions and evidence to change their opinion...something in human nature makes us cling to an original viewpoint and damn the evidence to the contrary. Your ability and willingness to look at new evidence, to observe the actions taken by the President, really demonstrate that you are a rare person...much respect to you for keeping an open mind and willingness to let facts dictate your position. I honestly hope I can emulate your ability to do this...we're all gonna need that ability over the next few years.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2021, 03:38:10 pm »
Not many people are capable of allowing actions and evidence to change their opinion...something in human nature makes us cling to an original viewpoint and damn the evidence to the contrary. Your ability and willingness to look at new evidence, to observe the actions taken by the President, really demonstrate that you are a rare person...much respect to you for keeping an open mind and willingness to let facts dictate your position. I honestly hope I can emulate your ability to do this...we're all gonna need that ability over the next few years.

Thanks @Mesaclone! It's just my nature to be analytical I guess.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2021, 04:33:36 pm »

Great post!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2021, 04:52:07 pm »

If you are referring to AZ Governor Doug Ducey, he didn't decide not to run.  The AZ Constitution decided that, he's term-limited.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2021, 05:06:36 pm »
If you are referring to AZ Governor Doug Ducey, he didn't decide not to run.  The AZ Constitution decided that, he's term-limited.

For senate, not gov.  Kelly will be favored against the remaining contenders.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2021, 05:10:39 pm »
For senate, not gov.  Kelly will be favored against the remaining contenders.

Ducey never had a chance in Hell for the Senate.  It's amazing to me anybody even talks about it, which is how I got confused.

He's been a major disappointment to the state.  Along with the AG and the Speaker of the AZ House.  All worthless.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2021, 11:21:25 pm »
List of promises... you can mark them yourself (listed below)... you can start off his first day with telling Hilary she was off the hook.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.0.html

Not a good person? Ask his exes if cheating on them was relevant.

NY Values (see video) is all I got from Trump... he had no core values, he was a populist jello-spined blow hard that waved a Bible in one hand and his book in his other. One could describe Trump in three words... Me Me Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

Trump didn't start wars .. true, except with everyone he could tweet about (often for no reason other than his pride got butt hurt).

Do I think impeachment was due... No, but he did himself no favors with some of the people he choose to associate with.

As much as the left hated Trump, Don did little other than pour gas on himself the whole time he was in office. Trump was his own worse enemy.

That's all very nice.

if we'd held any Rodent president of the last 100 years to the same standard, they'd have been impeached on a weekly basis.

He tweets mean.   Boo hoo hoo.   Meanwhile, we got hundreds of miles of border fence built, deported criminals, EXECUTED criminals, got people out of prison who shouldn't have been there, didn't get any new wars...funny how you tried to equate Twitter feuds with MEN DYING ON BATTLE FIELDS...yeah, that ain't flying. 

As I've said, he didn't have the experience to make the right approach.   Sessions should have been fired within two weeks, simply because there was no indictment of Hillary being processed.  Same for the next AG, same for the one after that, until Hillary was indicted for more than a hundred individual violations of the Espionage Act.

Paris Climage Garbage should have been shoved into the Senate for ratification with the recommendation to reject it.   Same with the bogus Iran "deal".   Those should have been tossed to McConnell the first Monday after Trump's inauguration. 

He lacked EXPERIENCE and he foolishly trusted the professionals around him to assist him.

As compared to ANY RINO candidate from 1988 on, and EVERY Rodent in the country, all of whom resemble a puppet skunk my kids had named "Mushroom", which had a big hole in it's crotch for anyone to put a hand in and make it do and say anything.

Maybe we don't want "nice" tweets.  "We" being the real Americans. 

Maybe we want tweets that hammer the enemy; the enemy being the Rodents, their complicit tools in the media, the RINOs and the Wall Street war-profiteers.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2021, 11:25:48 pm »

One of the tasks facing the 75 million is to get the 70 million that were stupid enough to waste a vote on Team Ho-Jo to realize that the Rodents HATE them even more than they hate real Americans.

Some of those 70 million Team Ho-Jo voters, at least the living ones, are actually real Americans living in the State of Delusion, which is north of the State of Confusion.   Many of those people actually WORK for a living, and if so...why the heck are they Rodents?   Stupidity?  Ignorance?  Feelz?  Brainwashed, most definitely.   They're being robbed just like the Americans are.

Gotta get them off whatever drugs they're on and get them back to seeing reality.