Author Topic: The Battle Lines Are Forming in Biden’s Climate Push  (Read 317 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Battle Lines Are Forming in Biden’s Climate Push
« on: January 27, 2021, 01:07:38 pm »
New York Times by Coral Davenport and Lisa Friedman 1/27/2021

The president is moving rapidly to address global warming, with unlikely allies backing him and huge hurdles, some from his own party, directly ahead.

“President Biden has called climate change the No. 1 issue facing humanity,” Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington said. “He understands all too well that meeting this test requires nothing less than a full-scale mobilization of American government, business, and society.”

Also on Wednesday Mr. Biden is expected to elevate climate change as a national security issue, directing intelligence agencies to produce a National Intelligence Estimate on climate security, and telling the secretary of defense to do a climate risk analysis of the Pentagon’s facilities and installations.

He will create a civilian “climate corps” to mobilize people to work in conservation; create a task force to assemble a governmentwide action plan for reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and create several new commissions and positions within the government focused on environmental justice and environmentally friendly job creation.

The real action will come when Mr. Biden moves forward with plans to reinstate and strengthen Obama-era regulations, repealed by the Trump administration, on the three largest sources of planet-warming greenhouse emissions: vehicles, power plants and methane leaks from oil and gas drilling wells.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/climate/biden-climate-change.html

Offline verga

Re: The Battle Lines Are Forming in Biden’s Climate Push
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 03:46:41 pm »
He will create a civilian “climate corps” to mobilize people to work in conservation; create a task force to assemble a governmentwide action plan for reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and create several new commissions and positions within the government focused on environmental justice and environmentally friendly job creation.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/climate/biden-climate-change.html
Scariest phrase in the English language. "I'm from the government and I am here to help."
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 06:24:03 pm »
Idiocracy live and in living color.  Can I use the word color?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 10:56:34 pm »
Idiocracy live and in living color.  Can I use the word color?
I'm sorry 'color' has been deemed racist and therefore illegal. Please use in it's place hue, tint, tone, tinge, cast, tincture or pigmentation. Adjustments will be made to this approved list as complaints are made by the persistently outraged.