Author Topic: International team of scientists identifies new treatment for COVID-19 that appears to be far more e  (Read 246 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So...as the articles states that they aren't sure if the vaccines will stop the transmission of COVID, I wonder if the vaccines actually keep people from getting COVID??  I am really doubtful.  What seems to be happening is that the vaccine is causing people to come down with COVID and creating immunity-- but for how long?

International team of scientists identifies new treatment for COVID-19 that appears to be far more effective than drugs in use now

From a rare marine sea squirt found only in the waters around the Spanish island of Ibiza comes a potential COVID-19 treatment called Aplidin that researchers say has proven 27.5 times more effective than the well-known remdesivir in human cells in the lab.

The finding, reported Monday by an international team in the journal Science, comes at a time when potential treatments have been overshadowed by the U.S. vaccination campaign, now trying to recover from a slower-than-expected start.

A related preprint that has yet to be peer-reviewed says that tests have shown the drug is equally effective against the highly infectious new variant of the virus discovered recently in the United Kingdom. ...........

.............Early on, the group homed in on 332 proteins found in human lung cells and also in blood vessel cells that help the virus when it invades the body. Using cutting edge technology, they investigated how the virus was affected when they eliminated each protein one by one, and then when they lowered the levels of each protein.

Krogan has said that he hopes knowledge of these interactions will help researchers find treatments that address the new coronavirus but also the next one that appears.

Research on potential COVID-19 treatments is important, not only because it will take months to vaccinate the majority of Americans, but also because it's unclear whether the vaccines in use can prevent transmission of the virus.

"Work on treatments has been ongoing since the outbreak began and we have seen the benefits," said Chris Beyrer, professor of public health and human rights at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. "Survival is actually better than it was in March, April, May.".........................

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2021/01/25/international-team-finds-new-more-effective-drug-treat-covid-19/6673529002/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:29:09 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

It's not a great comparison between remdesivir and Aplidin, simply because remdesivir is fully approved, basically in the long-term (years) Phase IV test stage, while Aplidin is in Phase II, testing with with several hundred participants (sometimes up to 1000). That it had been approved for a different disease is the reason it could skip formal pre-human and Phase I testing.

With that caveat, better is better, and if Aplidin proves better after full testing then approve it and get it into use.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.