Author Topic: Fauci says health officials preparing in case COVID vaccines no longer effective against 'mutant' st  (Read 1567 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

I think this is very much a valid concern. There is no way to assess long-term protection or safety in a short period of time. ...

It is, however, known that Phase I test participants still have significant antibody levels in their system, and that T-cell response was also caused by the vaccines I've been talking about. IOW, the "short" term may be years, and the long-term "memory" will also probably last years. The uncertainty is not whether the effectiveness will last just a few months, but more likely how many years the immunity will last.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:03:47 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Weighing The Efficacy Rates, Potential Benefits Of Johnson & Johnson’s Single-Dose Coronavirus Vaccine
By John Shumway
February 1, 2021 at 7:38 am

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Johnson & Johnson is expected to ask the FDA this week for emergency use authorization for its COVID-19 vaccine.

The vaccine has the advantage of being a single dose, but it also has the lowest efficacy rate of any of the vaccines so far. Is that a concern?

The short answer is that you have to look beyond the hceadline.  ...
KDKA

The reporter talks to an infectious disease doctor who urges taking whatever you can get as soon as you can - even if it's not particularly effective.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

From the little I've seen about normal vaccine efficacies, J&J's is average. What makes it look bad is the efficacies of Pfizer and Moderna. The J&J test that met its endpoints was a single-dose regimen. There is another, two-dose test underway to see whether a second dose improves the efficacy. It started November 15th, so I'd guess it meets its endpoints in May or June.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Hoodat

How many more months of government shutdown tyranny and how many 10s of thousands more test participants would satisfy your concern?

Government shutdown tyranny is in no way connected to vaccine efficacy.

As for the experimental vaccines, it should be my individual right whether or not I choose to get it.  And there should be no repercussions to that choice in regards, to employment, free movement, and free assembly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The reporter talks to an infectious disease doctor who urges taking whatever you can get as soon as you can - even if it's not particularly effective.  :pondering:

Speaking of infectious disease doctors, did you know that NIH under Dr. Fauci's leadership was actually working with the Wuhan lab where this outbreak originated?  In 2014, the Obama Administration banned the type of research that was being conducted, yet Dr. Fauci continued on in violation of that order.

Fauci has blood on his hands, which is why he has been orchestrating this disinformation campaign for over a year now.  Masks are bad, masks are good, now you need two masks, you can't catch it from other humans, you can catch it from other humans, it's airborne, it's not airborne, stay indoors, go outdoors, herd immunity at 60%, herd immunity at 90%, 40 cycle test is necessary, 40 cycle test is too sensitive, etc, etc, etc.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Government shutdown tyranny is in no way connected to vaccine efficacy.

As for the experimental vaccines, it should be my individual right whether or not I choose to get it.  And there should be no repercussions to that choice in regards, to employment, free movement, and free assembly.

1. I was referring to vaccine availability, not efficacy. The longer a test goes on the longer the tyrannous shutdowns.

2. I have seen zero legislation mandating Covid vaccination. Got an example?

3. As for "repercussions", you have the freedom to choose not to be vaccinated; airlines, for hypothetical example, have the same freedom to decide you would be too risky. IF an airline went that route, their competition and the marketplace would bring repercussions for that airline's decision (obviously, possibly little or none). Choices have consequences.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 04:11:49 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline Hoodat

2. I have seen zero legislation mandating Covid vaccination. Got an example?

I'm still looking for legislation mandating lockdowns and shutting churches.

As for vaccine mandates, there has been talk at my work location that experimental vaccines may become a condition of employment later in the year.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

I'm still looking for legislation mandating lockdowns and shutting churches.

As for vaccine mandates, there has been talk at my work location that experimental vaccines may become a condition of employment later in the year.

Yep, that's the new model for bypassing the constitution and the normal legislative process. They go after the corporations, either explicitly or via compliant executives, who then force it upon anyone who wants to stay employed. They might also require it for air travel or legal travel to/from the country. Of course, you can sneak across the border with no vaccine or tests - that's OK as long as you vote Dem once you're hear!