Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Warns of ‘Nightmare’ if Democrats End Filibuster: ‘Scorched-Earth Senate Would Hardl  (Read 178 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell Warns of ‘Nightmare’ if Democrats End Filibuster: ‘Scorched-Earth Senate Would Hardly Be Able to Function’

Hannah Bleau 27 Jan 2021

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) warned of a “nightmare” in the Senate if Democrats end the filibuster, cautioning that a “scorched-earth Senate would hardly be able to function.”

“Today, I made clear that if Democrats ever attack the key Senate rules, it would drain the consent and comity out of the institution. A scorched-earth Senate would hardly be able to function,” McConnell said late Tuesday.

“It wouldn’t be a progressive’s dream. It would be a nightmare,” he continued. “I guarantee it”:

In another tweet, McConnell linked to the remarks he made on the Senate floor on Tuesday, highlighting the two Democrat senators — Sens. Joe Manchin. (D-WV), and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ), who have indicated that they will not vote to eliminate the legislative filibuster.

“Mr. President, yesterday two Democratic senators confirmed they will not provide the votes to eliminate the legislative filibuster,” McConnell said.

“Now it should not be news that a few members of the majority pledge they won’t tear up a central rule, but the Democratic leader was reluctant to repeat the step I took as majority leader in unified government when I ruled out that step on principle,” he continued.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/27/mitch-mcconnell-warns-nightmare-democrats-end-filibuster-scorched-earth-senate-would-hardly-be-able-function/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Neutered McConnel will roar like a neutered lion !  Like wow man, is this more in the belt way kabuki theater ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/536173-fauci-says-health-officials-preparing-in-case-covid-vaccines-no-longer

Pam Key 27 Jan 2021

Senator Ed Markey (D-MA) said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “MTP Daily” that Democrats can repeal the filibusters if Senate Republicans refuse to act on President Joe Biden’s climate legislation because it is a “planetary emergency.”

Markey said, “It’s a national emergency. It’s a planetary emergency. The planet is running a fever. They are no emergency rooms for planets, and we have to engage in immediate and bold angst in order to deal with this crisis.”

Anchor Chuck Todd said, “You want to see big, bold action. I get that. You’re also a pretty good vote counter. What do you think are the best incremental steps to start building? There are a chunk of Republicans who are not climate deniers. I know you heard from them privately. What do you think are the best ways to begin an incremental bipartisan group of people on climate issues?”

Markey said, “Ultimately, on climate, the age of incrementalism is over, it’s over. We have to be bold. Today President Biden is announcing the first steps but that’s all they really are, the first steps. We have opportunities in reconciliation packages that will be taken up by the Congress in the next several months. We do that if necessary with 51 votes to pass those pieces of climate-related legislation if the Republicans don’t want to negotiate with Democrats. Ultimately If they try to bring the Senate to a complete halt I believe we have to repeal the filibuster. We have to get this done.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/01/27/markey-we-can-repeal-the-filibuster-to-pass-bidens-climate-action-its-a-planetary-emergency/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Malarkey insists that America must die so that the planet can live. The Bible spoke of the error of worshiping the creation, rather than the Creator, and elevating the lower forms of life above the higher form, mankind.  Its the old religious cults of the Old Testament being used to overthrow modern societies.  Baal worship, murdering babies is another one.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions