Author Topic: Biden orders DOJ to end private prison contracts as part of racial equity push  (Read 459 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Kevin Breuninger 1/26/2021

Key Points

•   President Joe Biden ordered his Department of Justice not to renew its contracts with private prisons, one of multiple new planks of Biden’s broad-focused racial justice agenda.

•   It was one of four new executive actions after Biden laid out his racial equity plan.

•   The actions are aimed at combating discriminatory housing practices, reforming the prison system, respecting sovereignty of Tribal governments and fighting xenophobia against Asian Americans, especially in light of the Covid pandemic.

President Joe Biden ordered his Department of Justice on Tuesday to phase out its contracts with private prisons, one of multiple new planks of Biden’s broad-focused racial justice agenda.

Biden signed four additional executive actions after laying out his racial equity plan at the White House. The actions are aimed at combating discriminatory housing practices, reforming the prison system, respecting sovereignty of Tribal governments and fighting xenophobia against Asian Americans, especially in light of the Covid pandemic.

“I ran for president because I believe we’re in a battle for the soul of this nation,” Biden said before signing the actions. “And the simple truth is, our soul will be troubled as long as systemic racism is allowed to persist.”

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/26/biden-to-announce-racial-equity-plan-and-sign-executive-actions.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok,I know I am sleep-deprived,but how the HELL is private prisons racist? If it is like every other feral goobermint program,blacks own most of the private prisons,and borrowed money from the US Treasury to buy it below market rates.

What am I missing,here?

BTW,I know nothing about private prisons other than that they exist.

I suspect what is behind this is the hatred for anything private THEY (the left) doesn't own,and the desire to pad the prison payrolls with 3 or 4 times the number of employees needed due to union rules.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:28:28 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

I understand the use of "equity" instead of "equality" is intentional. And it is a mystery how this idiot expects an EO to change any individual person's bigoted thoughts.

Anyone here know a person who started disliking Asians because China sent us the Wuhan flu? Me, either.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's a cryin shame that Captain Dementia and his handlers will never be held accountable for all the deaths, assaults, rape and thefts they are enabling by their virtue signaling. These morons never give a damn about the honest law abiding people in this nation. I hope all these criminals head straight for the wealthy liberals, hell the prison employees that are being ordered to do this should be giving everyone of the released prisoners a map and bus ticket to where the most rich  liberals live.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Ok,I know I am sleep-deprived,but how the HELL is private prisons racist? If it is like every other feral goobermint program,blacks own most of the private prisons,and borrowed money from the US Treasury to buy it below market rates.

What am I missing,here?

BTW,I know nothing about private prisons other than that they exist.

I suspect what is behind this is the hatred for anything private THEY (the left) doesn't own,and the desire to pad the prison payrolls with 3 or 4 times the number of employees needed due to union rules.
You are not missing anything.

His push for 'racial equity' is simply a disguise to get away from contractors so he can hire many thousands of new federal employees that add to the burdening and burdensome solid bloc that votes Dems each and every election.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I understand the use of "equity" instead of "equality" is intentional. And it is a mystery how this idiot expects an EO to change any individual person's bigoted thoughts.

Anyone here know a person who started disliking Asians because China sent us the Wuhan flu? Me, either.
Equity means equal results.

Means prison inmates will be subject to diversity requirements.  So no more % blacks there than in the main populace.

Joe can accomplish this by releasing minorities or by putting more whites into jail.

Which of these two choices do you believe he will take?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:20:46 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

Private prisons are bogey-entities for activists and unions. Activists don't want PC ethnic minorities who committed felonies to be punished. Unions and bureaucrats don't like their efficiency exposed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.