Author Topic: People turn in family members, ex-partners they recognize in Capitol riot footage  (Read 372 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As millions of Americans watched scenes of pro-Trump mobs attacking the U.S. Capitol earlier this month, some viewers saw something familiar on their TV screens — their own family and friends.

The FBI has been leaning on spouses, siblings, children and former romantic partners who spotted their loved ones assaulting the Capitol and responded by dropping a dime on them.

"There are plenty people, I don’t think it was so hard to report someone (even family)," said Michele Galietta, a psychology professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City.

"Does that mean you enjoy it? No. I think it’s regrettable and I think most people would be upset they had to do it, but felt it was absolutely the right thing to do.”

Retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Larry Brock was arrested after his former wife of 18 years contacted the FBI National Threat Operations Center on Jan. 8 saying she recognized him in footage.

"I just know that when I saw this was happening I was afraid he would be there," she told an FBI agent, according to an affidavit supporting charges against Brock. "I think you already know he was there. It is such a good picture of him and I recognize his patch."

https://www.aol.com/news/people-turn-family-members-ex-220332307.html
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Accused rioter Guy Reffitt, an apparent member of a Texas militia group, even threatened his adult children if they "crossed the line and reported" dad to authorities, according a criminal complaint.

Reffitt allegedly said he would "do what he had to do" to his own family members in such an event, prompting the young man to ask: "Are you threatening us?"

"(Reffitt) responded with words to the effect of, 'Don't put words in my mouth,'" FBI Special Agent Thomas Ryan wrote in the criminal complaint against Reffitt. "(The son) understood (Reffitt's) statements to be a threat to (the son's) life."

Little did Reffitt know, as he allegedly made that threat, son Jackson Reffitt had apparently already made that call.

"I got in contact with the FBI after the Capitol riots about my dad," the younger Reffitt told KDFW.

The son claimed his dad had become radicalized and calling authorities, Jackson Reffitt said, was a last best chance to help him.

"It was my moral compass, kind of, to do what I thought would protect not only my family, but my dad himself," Jackson Reffitt said. "And it wasn't just because I think my dad is aggressive, I think what he's been manipulated into thinking is aggressive."

Let's see,here. He decided to talk to his dad AFTER he had already called the Feebs and reported him as a possible terrorist,and he fears HIS DAD is the one that has had his thinking manulipated?

This,despite the FACT that his father had not been arrested for any crime,and was not suspected of committing any crime other than in HIS head,and the head of Slow Joe Biden?

I know somebody that needs to be cut out of a will.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Dad's "been manipulated."  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You know the older I get the less tolerant I am, and I was never very tolerant to begin with. If I was the one being reported by immediate family members there would a new will being written first chance I had, even if I was doing it from a jail cell.

My dad, a firm but loving man, cut my brother out of his will for tearing the family apart. After my dad passed my mother had a new will written, she still excluded my brother but had what would have been his third of the estate divided among his three children. My mother though she still loves my brother knew that if the money went to him he would squander it on mistresses and being taken advantage of by people he decided to trust more than his blood.

So that's where I'm coming from on this, already had a taste of it and never again.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"People turn in family members, ex-partners they recognize in Capitol riot footage"

Think that we're that far from this?

Think harder...
(and extra points if you know who that guy against the wall is...)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:47:14 pm by Fishrrman »