Author Topic: Biden pledges to replace government fleet with electric vehicles  (Read 173 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden pledges to replace government fleet with electric vehicles
By Rachel Frazin - 01/26/21 03:36 PM EST

President Biden on Monday pledged to replace vehicles owned by the federal government with U.S.-made electric vehicles, doubling down on a similar campaign pledge.

“The federal government also owns an enormous fleet of vehicles which we're going to replace with clean, electric vehicles made right here in America by American workers,” he said while discussing an executive order aimed at increasing federal procurement of products made in the U.S.

The executive order did not discuss vehicles specifically, but said that the government should get products from “sources that will help American businesses compete” in unspecified “strategic industries.”

The government says that it is the largest consumer in the world, buying more than $550 billion dollars in goods and services each year.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/535954-biden-pledges-to-replace-government-fleet-with-electric-vehicles
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Biden pledges to replace government fleet with electric vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 09:36:52 pm »
I so hope that Sloe Joe get stranded somewhere in one of these vehicles.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:46:44 pm »
Now he has committed himself to being seen riding in that aberration.

I wish he also would say helicopters are to be electric.

Would be fun watching him takeoff from the WH lawn and not going anywhere.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 09:48:28 pm »
I so hope that Sloe Joe get stranded somewhere in one of these vehicles.
Let's see them turn the "beast" into an electric vehicle.  Not going to happen....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 09:50:11 pm »
Now he has committed himself to being seen riding in that aberration.

I wish he also would say helicopters are to be electric.

Would be fun watching him takeoff from the WH lawn and not going anywhere.

:yowsa:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.