Author Topic: BlackRock CEO says companies need to set environmental goals or face possible divestiture  (Read 434 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/blackrock-ceo-says-companies-need-to-set-environmental-goals-or-face-possible-divestiture-11611664767?mod=mw_latestnews

<snipit>
BlackRock Chief Executive Larry Fink has issued his latest edict to companies — disclose a plan on limiting global warming or face divestiture.

That is according to the firm’s annual shareholder letter. Fink wants companies to disclose how their business model will be compatible with limiting global warming to no more than 2 degrees Celsius above preindustrial averages, and eliminating net greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.

“Investors cannot prepare their portfolios for this transition unless they understand how each and every company is prepared both for the physical threats of climate change and the global economy’s transition to net zero. They are asking managers like BlackRock to accelerate our data and analysis capabilities in this area — and we are committed to meeting their needs,” said Fink.

====================================================================================

I own about 9 Blackrock MF's, and have already called and written about my displeasure of what CEO Fink is doing.  Which is basically blackmail and extortion to help meet the envirowhacko agenda.  Hopefully they realize that divestiture is a two way street.  If enough react, maybe this shit will stop.

If you do have any Blackrock Funds in your portfolio, the Public Affairs number is (212) 810-5596
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"BlackRock Chief Executive Larry Fink has issued his latest edict to companies — disclose a plan on limiting global warming or face divestiture."

In this case, divestiture is clearly the better option...

Online Hoodat

Why did Larry Fink invest in the first place?  Hypocrite!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

one big reason I will never use Blackrock for anything.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

Bump as a reminder to any interested Blackrock investors.