Author Topic: Manchin vows that he won't vote to kill filibuster 'under any condition'  (Read 189 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin vows that he won't vote to kill filibuster 'under any condition'
By Jordain Carney - 01/25/21 07:03 PM EST

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Monday that he won't vote to kill the filibuster "under any condition," drawing a hard line against mounting pressure from progressives.

Manchin, speaking to reporters in the Capitol, reiterated that he does not support going "nuclear" to gut the 60-vote legislative filibuster and indicated that there was no timeline where, if Republicans blocked legislation, he would change his mind.

“I do not support doing away with the filibuster under any condition. It's not who I am," Manchin said.

Asked how long he was willing to give Republicans to cut a deal on an organizing resolution, Manchin said he had "no time guidelines," and that he thought GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) could "make it work."

"I am not for busting the filibuster," Manchin said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535776-manchin-vows-that-he-wont-vote-to-kill-filibuster-under-any-condition
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Manchin vows that he won't vote to kill filibuster 'under any condition'
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 01:19:47 am »
Is his lips moving?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

Re: Manchin vows that he won't vote to kill filibuster 'under any condition'
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 02:08:25 am »
We will see.