Author Topic: Senator Rand Paul suggests he might boycott Trump's 'sham' impeachment trial - as he still refuses t  (Read 359 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senator Rand Paul suggests he might boycott Trump's 'sham' impeachment trial - as he still refuses to admit the election was fair

Republican senator wrote an op-ed titled 'boycott sham impeachment' Sunday
    Arguments in the Senate impeachment trial will begin the week of February 8
    If Paul were to boycott, 16 GOP Senators would need to flip to convict Trump
    He had earlier appeared on ABC where he continued to refuse to admit the 2020 election was not stolen, saying: 'There are two sides to every story'
     'There are not two sides to facts,' ABC anchor Stephanopoulos hit back

By Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 20:12 EST, 24 January 2021 | Updated: 10:35 EST, 25 January 2021

Rand Paul suggested he might boycott Trump's 'sham' impeachment because the former president is no longer in office.   

In an op-ed for The Hill, titled 'boycott sham impeachment' the Republican senator wrote on Sunday: 'The first impeachment of Donald Trump in 2019 was a witch hunt filled with fabricated charges, unsupported evidence and partisan rancor disguised as legal concern.'

Arguments in the Senate trial will begin the week of February 8. If Paul were to boycott the vote the Democrats would need the support of 16 GOP Senators to convict Trump. 

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9182607/Rand-Paul-suggests-boycott-Trumps-sham-impeachment.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think all of the Repubs should walk out the day the *trial* starts.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think all of the Repubs should walk out the day the *trial* starts.
:yowsa:
Every stinking one of them including Mitch the bitch.  Let the rats hold their phony baloney trial. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:yowsa:
Every stinking one of them including Mitch the bitch.  Let the rats hold their phony baloney trial.

Bitch just can't quit Putzhead Schumer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Rather than walk out, he should file suit with the Supreme Court asking them to declare it unconstitutional.
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rather than walk out, he should file suit with the Supreme Court asking them to declare it unconstitutional.

We already know the SCOTUS is in on it.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Bitch just can't quit Putzhead Schumer.

It'd be perfect if every republican but Mitch and his coterie of a half dozen Trump hating republican senators walked out. Let em demonstrate to the nation the courage of their convictions.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
We already know the SCOTUS is in on it.....

Then make them take a stand so everyone can see it.
Let it burn.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then make them take a stand so everyone can see it.

You mean like sending a case to SCOTUS for which no other court in the nation has the Jurisdiction?  Yes, that will get every body's attention.  It never happened a month ago.  They've never denied Standing to a State suing another State.

News Flash:  Nobody can see what they won't look at.  SCOTUS will not make a stand.  C'mon, man!
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
There is an obvious divide in the GOP; one that was there before Trump took office; somehow Trump had some control over the Turtle and the other RINO's ... now they have reverted back to their old ways.

Mittens has announced he is with Schumer --

Romney Joins With Schumer on Impeachment: 'The President's Conduct...Calls for a Trial' **

IMHO one of the best things that could happen is if the conservative or more conservative members of the GOP boycott and walk out and those that remain for all to see will be the RINO's. In doing so IMHO it would make McConnell look completely as incompetent as he truly is; the reason for the failure of the party is his failed leadership. 

Should there be a boycott would those boycotting eventually be willing to walk away and start a new party/govt? 

** https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/washington/susan-jones/romney-joins-schumer-impeachment-presidents-conductcalls-trial
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.