Author Topic: Former 2020 Presidential Candidate Rep. Tim Ryan Eyes Replacing Rob Portman  (Read 287 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former 2020 Presidential Candidate Rep. Tim Ryan Eyes Replacing Rob Portman

Mary Rose Corkery
Reporter
January 25, 2021 5:42 PM ET

Democratic Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan, a former 2020 presidential candidate, said Monday that he’s considering an election run to replace Republican Sen. Rob Portman.

“I’m overwhelmed by supporters who are reaching out to encourage me to run for Senate. I haven’t made a decision yet but I’m seriously looking at it. Ohio deserves leaders who fight for working people,” Ryan tweeted.

BREAKING: Rob Portman is Retiring!
Donate now to turn Ohio blue in 2022!
secure.actblue.com

Ryan dropped out of the 2020 Republican presidential primary after he couldn’t gather much attention. The former candidate made the announcement in October 2019 on Twitter.

Ryan campaigned as a moderate who could gain former President Donald Trump’s supporters as opposed to Democratic Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, The Hill reported. Trump and former President Barack Obama both won Ohio twice.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/25/rob-portman-tim-ryan-ohio-senate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34