Author Topic: Arizona Gov. Ducey says he won’t run against Mark Kelly for Senate  (Read 514 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arizona Gov. Ducey says he won’t run against Mark Kelly for Senate

“I’m not running for the United States Senate. It’s a no. I’m 100 percent focused on being the governor of the state of Arizona,” he said in an interview with The New York Times that was published Saturday. “I’ve accepted the role as the chairman of the [Republican Governors Association]. So I’ve got a full-time job and then I’ve got a full-time job beyond that. And that’s what my focus is.”

Kelly’s seat, which he won in a special election in November and is up again in 2022 for a full term, is a top priority for Republicans in the midterms. The party is eager to make up ground in the state after ceding both of its Senate seats to Democrats and losing the presidential race to President Joe Biden, marking the first time a Democratic presidential nominee has won Arizona since 1996.

Republicans had speculated that Ducey would be a strong candidate given his proven ability to win statewide in a state that has gradually shifted to the left.

The Hill Posted at 9:40 am on January 24, 2021

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/535535-arizona-gov-ducey-says-he-wont-run-against-mark-kelly-for-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ducey would be drubbed worse than McSally was.  I'm glad he's not going to waste his time or our money on it.

That was the one good thing about his being Censured at yesterday's meeting...he now knows for sure the Party won't support him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Ducey would be drubbed worse than McSally was.  I'm glad he's not going to waste his time or our money on it.

That was the one good thing about his being Censured at yesterday's meeting...he now knows for sure the Party won't support him.

So, whose the next person in line.

Seems like anyone is going to get killed in 2022 if the GOP in AZ does not get it's act together.

Oh oh oh oh I know.....

Let's run Cindy McCain !!!!

Offline mountaineer

I sure hope you folks in AZ can come up with some good candidates for 2022 and 2024!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
I was half kidding about Cindy McCain.

It would be great to see what Mark Kelly would do if a supporter opposed him.

Let the Lincoln Project and the left tear each other up.

Offline Hoodat

Ducey would be drubbed worse than McSally was.

I think that was the point.  Not understanding why Ducey wasn't willing to go along with the fix.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-