Author Topic: National Guard will stay in Washington though March due to Trump impeachment trial: report  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Guard will stay in Washington though March due to Trump impeachment trial: report
By Zack Budryk - 01/24/21 01:24 PM EST

Thousands of National Guard troops will remain in Washington, D.C. through former President Trump’s impeachment trial, four unidentified sources told Politico.

With the former president’s Senate trial set to begin Feb. 8, the Pentagon is reportedly concerned about the possibility of mass demonstrations in the city.

Up to 5,000 troops will remain in the nation's capital through mid-March, the news outlet reported. The Guard was previously deployed following Jan. 6’s deadly riots by pro-Trump mobs seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Guard members, meanwhile, have taken exception to what they say is an unclear mission.

“Quite frankly this is not a ‘combat zone,’ so combat conditions shouldn’t apply,” an Afghanistan veteran currently deployed to the capital told Politico.

Rank-and-file Guard members have not been given an official justification for their continued presence, two members said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/535586-national-guard-may-stay-in-washington-though-march-due-to-impeachment-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why not bring in the UN peace keeping troops?   It is more the Rats style.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Be careful of what you wish for.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Be careful of what you wish for.

I say lets Beat the rush to be a 3rd world shithole.  The UN love shitholes.

Offline roamer_1

National Guard will stay in Washington though March due to Trump impeachment trial: report
By Zack Budryk - 01/24/21 01:24 PM EST

I don't think much of our new governor, but he got this one right, and called home the Montana Guard.
Were my druthers, they'd have never gone in the first place.

Offline libertybele

I say lets Beat the rush to be a 3rd world shithole.  The UN love shitholes.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
First thing that comes to mind is Biden doesn't want competition for the little girls.