Author Topic: Why do such incompetent people so often get to be leaders over others?  (Read 85 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 24, 2021
Why do such incompetent people so often get to be leaders over others?
By Robert Arvay

Some memories, seemingly trivial, tend to stay with one for a lifetime.  More than sixty-five years later, I still remember Billy E.

We were in elementary school.  On the playground, the girls would go off to one side, the boys to the other (girls were yucky, after all).  I have no idea what the girls did, but the boys often played army.  Billy E. organized about ten or twelve of the boys into a cavalry platoon, and off they rode on their imaginary horses, double file, following Billy.  He would signal column left, and, amazingly, the boys would execute a column left, just as Billy had taught them. 

I, and one or two others, did not join Billy's army, but we watched in admiration as he led.  For my part, I wanted to be like Billy, so I attempted to recruit my own followers.  The other boys ignored me, except for one, who said he would rather follow Billy. 

After elementary school, my family moved away, and I lost contact with Billy.  Over the years, I expected that I would hear about him, as he became a politician, a military officer, or a Fortune 500 CEO.  I heard about him only once, during a chance encounter with a former classmate.  It seems that Billy had led an obscure life, apparently at a low-wage, dead-end job (I can't be certain).  His impressive leadership qualities had never met my expectations in adulthood. 

It brings to mind the question: why do some people become well known leaders, while others do not?

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/why_do_such_incompetent_people_so_often_get_to_be_leaders_over_others.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34