Author Topic: Arizona Republicans reelect fervent Trump ally as chair  (Read 1479 times)

Online corbe

Arizona Republicans reelect fervent Trump ally as chair
« on: January 23, 2021, 11:55:09 pm »

Arizona Republicans on Saturday reelected Kelli Ward as party chair, giving a second term to one of Donald Trump’s most unflinching supporters even after the GOP lost ground in the state last year

By JONATHAN J. COOPER Associated Press
January 23, 2021, 5:18 PM

PHOENIX -- Arizona Republicans on Saturday reelected Kelli Ward as party chair, giving a second term to one of Donald Trump's most unflinching supporters even after the GOP lost ground in the state last year.

Ward's combative style delights Trump's strongest supporters but worries longtime GOP insiders who have watched the party turn off crucial voters in the suburbs. She was a prolific promoter of baseless theories of election fraud and filed several lawsuits that were tossed by judges for lack of evidence.

Ward came out on top in a four-way race, securing a narrow majority on the second ballot, according to a party spokesman. In the final vote, she edged past Sergio Arrellano, a businessman who said the GOP was narrowing instead of broadening its message and promised to help the party appeal to Arizona's growing Latino electorate.

<..snip..>

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/arizona-republicans-reelect-fervent-trump-ally-chair-75449487
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Arizona Republicans reelect fervent Trump ally as chair
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 12:08:22 am »
Trump jumps into a divisive battle over the Republican Party — with a threat to start a ‘MAGA Party’

Josh Dawsey, Michael Scherer  48 mins ago

PALM BEACH, Fla.— Former president Donald Trump threw himself back into politics this weekend by publicly endorsing a devoted and divisive acolyte in Arizona who has embraced his false election conspiracy theories and entertained the creation of a new “MAGA Party.”

In a recorded phone call, he offered his “complete and total endorsement” for another term for Arizona state party chairwoman Kelli Ward, a lightning rod who has sparred with the state’s Republican governor, been condemned by the business community and overseen a recent flight in party registrations. She narrowly won reelection, by a margin of 51.5 percent to 48.5 percent, marking Trump’s first victory in a promised battle to maintain political relevance and influence after losing the 2020 election.

In recent weeks, Trump has entertained the idea of creating a third party, called the Patriot Party, and instructed his aides to prepare election challenges to lawmakers who crossed him in the final weeks in office, including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Rep. Tom Rice (R-S.C.), according to people familiar with the plans.

Multiple people in Trump’s orbit, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, say Trump has told people that the third party threat gives him leverage to prevent Republican senators from voting to convict him during the Senate impeachment trial. Trump advisers also say they plan to recruit opposing primary candidates and commission polling next week in districts of targeted lawmakers. Trump has more than $70 million in campaign cash banked to fund his political efforts, these people say.

The prospect of a divisive battle threatens to widen a split in the Republican Party and has alarmed leaders in Washington, who have been pleading publicly to avoid any new rounds of internecine retribution. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Republican Party Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel are among the leaders who have worked to protect politicians like Cheney, who supported Trump’s second impeachment and now faces an internal effort to remove her from her role as the third-highest member of the House Republican leadership.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-jumps-into-a-divisive-battle-over-the-republican-party-with-a-threat-to-start-a-maga-party/ar-BB1d2a1B?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:23:09 am »
Trump jumps into a divisive battle over the Republican Party — with a threat to start a ‘MAGA Party’

Josh Dawsey, Michael Scherer  48 mins ago

PALM BEACH, Fla.— Former president Donald Trump threw himself back into politics this weekend by publicly endorsing a devoted and divisive acolyte in Arizona who has embraced his false election conspiracy theories and entertained the creation of a new “MAGA Party.”

In a recorded phone call, he offered his “complete and total endorsement” for another term for Arizona state party chairwoman Kelli Ward, a lightning rod who has sparred with the state’s Republican governor, been condemned by the business community and overseen a recent flight in party registrations. She narrowly won reelection, by a margin of 51.5 percent to 48.5 percent, marking Trump’s first victory in a promised battle to maintain political relevance and influence after losing the 2020 election.

In recent weeks, Trump has entertained the idea of creating a third party, called the Patriot Party, and instructed his aides to prepare election challenges to lawmakers who crossed him in the final weeks in office, including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Rep. Tom Rice (R-S.C.), according to people familiar with the plans.

Multiple people in Trump’s orbit, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations, say Trump has told people that the third party threat gives him leverage to prevent Republican senators from voting to convict him during the Senate impeachment trial. Trump advisers also say they plan to recruit opposing primary candidates and commission polling next week in districts of targeted lawmakers. Trump has more than $70 million in campaign cash banked to fund his political efforts, these people say.

The prospect of a divisive battle threatens to widen a split in the Republican Party and has alarmed leaders in Washington, who have been pleading publicly to avoid any new rounds of internecine retribution. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Republican Party Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel are among the leaders who have worked to protect politicians like Cheney, who supported Trump’s second impeachment and now faces an internal effort to remove her from her role as the third-highest member of the House Republican leadership.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-jumps-into-a-divisive-battle-over-the-republican-party-with-a-threat-to-start-a-maga-party/ar-BB1d2a1B?ocid=msedgntp

The key to conquering your adversaries Mr. President Trump is to keep quiet and knock them down so that they don't know who hit them until after you strike....just my humble opinion.

I understand that he thinks he may have a grip on some to vote against impeachment, but the biggest SOB that crossed him is McConnell.  I know I've said this several times; I hope he's amassing a strong and formidable legal team.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 12:54:37 am »
   I agree @libertybele Had I lived in Kentucky in 2013 I would have voted for this bi1ch.

Alison_Lundergan_Grimes

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 01:17:13 am »

@corbe Which story is supposed to be the topic of the thread?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 01:24:40 am »
   I know better than to post Compost articles as the 'OP' here (Briefers have a tendency to shoot the messenger) and both seemed somewhat informative to me. 
   Sounds like you had fun wrangling your Party away from the liberal, defeatist wing.  @Cyber Liberty

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 02:40:16 am »
   I know better than to post Compost articles as the 'OP' here (Briefers have a tendency to shoot the messenger) and both seemed somewhat informative to me. 
   Sounds like you had fun wrangling your Party away from the liberal, defeatist wing.  @Cyber Liberty

We kept Kelli, but they passed the Cindy McCain Censure, and the press is going to have a field day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 04:25:41 am »
We kept Kelli, but they passed the Cindy McCain Censure, and the press is going to have a field day.

Good on both counts!  Screw the press!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 04:55:03 am »
Good on both counts!  Screw the press!

@Bigun

While I did not agree with the wisdom of doing it, all the Censures (widder McCain, Jeffy the Flake and governor Doofus) passed, along with demands to be made of the Legislature to cut the Rat cheaters off at the ankles.  The vast majority of the Resolutions and Bylaw changes I wanted, passed.

The only things the press keyed on were the Censures and Reelecting Kelli Ward.  It took two ballots to reelect her.  I expected every bit of that.

I did enjoy the camaraderie I shared with a long-time fellow FReeper, who is now my County Supervisor.  She was my immediate predecessor in the First Vice Chair gig.  We sat next to each other for the day-long meeting.  We'll be spending more time together, now that we're past these last two big meetings.  I leave for home tomorrow.....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 04:56:36 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 02:11:38 pm »
@Bigun

While I did not agree with the wisdom of doing it, all the Censures (widder McCain, Jeffy the Flake and governor Doofus) passed, along with demands to be made of the Legislature to cut the Rat cheaters off at the ankles.  The vast majority of the Resolutions and Bylaw changes I wanted, passed.

The only things the press keyed on were the Censures and Reelecting Kelli Ward.  It took two ballots to reelect her.  I expected every bit of that.

I did enjoy the camaraderie I shared with a long-time fellow FReeper, who is now my County Supervisor.  She was my immediate predecessor in the First Vice Chair gig.  We sat next to each other for the day-long meeting.  We'll be spending more time together, now that we're past these last two big meetings.  I leave for home tomorrow.....

Thanks for your engagement @Cyber Liberty and I sincerely mean that!  I wish that I could work up the energy and drive to do that again but, unfortunately, I can not.

I KNOW how the battle of good vs evil comes out in the end but my entire life has been spent in an era where evil has pretty much universally prevailed and that has taken a toll on me.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 02:20:04 pm »
Thanks for your engagement @Cyber Liberty and I sincerely mean that!  I wish that I could work up the energy and drive to do that again but, unfortunately, I can not.

I KNOW how the battle of good vs evil comes out in the end but my entire life has been spent in an era where evil has pretty much universally prevailed and that has taken a toll on me.

Moving to a better/smaller County made a lot of difference in my outlook.  I was more weary of the big city than I thought.  Winning the First Vice Chair of my County GOP was a bit of a pleasant shock, an indication that maybe it's not so hopeless.  Yesterday's meeting was a reminder the "pond" is still very large...lol.

I'll be going to Phoenix 3-4 times a year now, for Executive Committee meetings with Kelli Ward.  I hope we can keep her for a while, she's from my County.  We had the best seats in the venue, down in front and center.  It was like having the speakers in my lap.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 02:27:07 pm »
Moving to a better/smaller County made a lot of difference in my outlook.  I was more weary of the big city than I thought.  Winning the First Vice Chair of my County GOP was a bit of a pleasant shock, an indication that maybe it's not so hopeless.  Yesterday's meeting was a reminder the "pond" is still very large...lol.

I'll be going to Phoenix 3-4 times a year now, for Executive Committee meetings with Kelli Ward.  I hope we can keep her for a while, she's from my County.  We had the best seats in the venue, down in front and center.  It was like having the speakers in my lap.

It seems to me - an outsider looking in - that most of the problems with corruption in Arizona are centered in but one county and if I were in your position I would be entirely focused on getting that fixed FWIW to you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 02:32:27 pm »
It seems to me - an outsider looking in - that most of the problems with corruption in Arizona are centered in but one county and if I were in your position I would be entirely focused on getting that fixed FWIW to you.

That is the plan.  It was encouraging the GOP from that benighted County agree with the rest of us, the election was a wake-up call for comfortable people.  If Dr. Ward can keep the fire trained downrange at the Dems, we have a decent chance of pulling this off (Yes, she's a "real Doctor").
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 02:37:20 pm »
That is the plan.  It was encouraging the GOP from that benighted County agree with the rest of us, the election was a wake-up call for comfortable people.  If Dr. Ward can keep the fire trained downrange at the Dems, we have a decent chance of pulling this off (Yes, she's a "real Doctor").

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in that endevor!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 07:03:30 pm »

Maybe you need to take the focus off of good and evil and simply look at the humanity of Arizona.

This is where conservatives are failing. 

I can't tell you how many I've talked to who are angry and frustrated with what happened to Trump. 

Well, I wanted Trump and I was heartbroken to lose and to lose so closely.  Georgia was painful to watch.

But, we focus on that we get depressed. 

I tell people they need to look around and realize how blessed they are.  Spend time with your family and if you believe spend time with the scriptures.

I don't see the democrats as evil.  I see most of them like me.  I do see their leadership as suspicious and I have no trust in the press.  But that does not negate all that we have been given in life.

Sometimes you have to step back and take a breath.

I came down with Covid 13 days ago.  I have had no appetite and am dealing with fatigue.  It is frustrating (and, frankly, boring), but I have heeded the injunction in Psalms 46:10 and feel His strength.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2021, 08:13:18 pm »
Maybe you need to take the focus off of good and evil and simply look at the humanity of Arizona.

This is where conservatives are failing. 

I can't tell you how many I've talked to who are angry and frustrated with what happened to Trump. 

Well, I wanted Trump and I was heartbroken to lose and to lose so closely.  Georgia was painful to watch.

But, we focus on that we get depressed. 

I tell people they need to look around and realize how blessed they are.  Spend time with your family and if you believe spend time with the scriptures.

I don't see the democrats as evil.  I see most of them like me.  I do see their leadership as suspicious and I have no trust in the press.  But that does not negate all that we have been given in life.

Sometimes you have to step back and take a breath.

I came down with Covid 13 days ago.  I have had no appetite and am dealing with fatigue.  It is frustrating (and, frankly, boring), but I have heeded the injunction in Psalms 46:10 and feel His strength.

@HikerGuy83  I definitely see a lot of evil in liberal leadership, including the GOP establishment.  I also see evil in the Chinese government that inflicted a virus that I feel was purposefully inflicted upon the world for the dominance that China continues to want on the World.  That is clearly evil; IMHO there is no disputing that.  As far as the everyday Joe Democrat, I think they possibly are just plain ignorant rather than evil. Backing a party that is ok with late term abortions is hard to not see as evil; even most Muslim countries either forbid abortion entirely or forbid abortion after the first trimester.  So here we are in a country that was founded upon Christian principles allowing late term abortion and in some cases even ceasing life immediately after birth.  It is impossible for me not to see that as evil.  That goes way beyond a woman's right to choose.

The fact that this election was so full of fraud and corruption indicates that evil is prevailing; especially when you can't even get our AG to investigate and our SCOTUS to at least hear a case.  Another instance of evil prevailing.

Yes certainly we can reflect upon the joy that our families and friends bring us, but it is difficult to focus on knowing full well the intent of the evil leftist/globalist to destroy this country and to bring about socialism/communism.  It is difficult not to see the evil.

I now pray on a daily basis that the Lord Jesus Christs blesses our Republic and stops the evil that has a stranglehold on it from prevailing. 

You mention Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God!" .... that message is well taken.  Again, when I look around and acknowledge all the evil that is surrounding this country, I have to remind myself that God is in control; regardless of what the outcome is that he has planned for us.

I am encouraged by Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long".  His promise remains.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 09:07:07 pm »
@HikerGuy83  I definitely see a lot of evil in liberal leadership, including the GOP establishment.  I also see evil in the Chinese government that inflicted a virus that I feel was purposefully inflicted upon the world for the dominance that China continues to want on the World.  That is clearly evil; IMHO there is no disputing that.  As far as the everyday Joe Democrat, I think they possibly are just plain ignorant rather than evil. Backing a party that is ok with late term abortions is hard to not see as evil; even most Muslim countries either forbid abortion entirely or forbid abortion after the first trimester.  So here we are in a country that was founded upon Christian principles allowing late term abortion and in some cases even ceasing life immediately after birth.  It is impossible for me not to see that as evil.  That goes way beyond a woman's right to choose.

The fact that this election was so full of fraud and corruption indicates that evil is prevailing; especially when you can't even get our AG to investigate and our SCOTUS to at least hear a case.  Another instance of evil prevailing.

Yes certainly we can reflect upon the joy that our families and friends bring us, but it is difficult to focus on knowing full well the intent of the evil leftist/globalist to destroy this country and to bring about socialism/communism.  It is difficult not to see the evil.

I now pray on a daily basis that the Lord Jesus Christs blesses our Republic and stops the evil that has a stranglehold on it from prevailing. 

You mention Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God!" .... that message is well taken.  Again, when I look around and acknowledge all the evil that is surrounding this country, I have to remind myself that God is in control; regardless of what the outcome is that he has planned for us.

I am encouraged by Psalm 23:6 "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord my whole life long".  His promise remains.

While I understand some of your arguments, you've opened up several cans of worms in my estimation.

I won't address them here.

The point of my post was that it is easy to let all the things you described....pull you down. 

As I said, many I know are angry and discouraged. 

Letting discouragement take you out of the game or pull you (the general you) away from participation is not helpful. 

The globalists you describe are using the very things you described to keep us divided and at each others throats. 

They've managed to create an environment where trust is low because if we trusted each other, we'd unite and drive them off. 

We can't compromise what we are personally, but we should admit others the right to exist in our society.  Disagree on what you will, but focus on the things you agree on.  Many democrats don't believe in abortion (as an example).

But I would go further and say that abortions would reduce naturally, if we worked harder to preserve family and keep dads in the home.

Divorce is evil.....

But back to my point. 

I have lots of hope and we need to focus on that.  We have to work hard, but we have to be hopeful.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 09:22:48 pm »
@HikerGuy83

I am sorry to hear you got the Rona!  I guess this wasn't our turn to meet up... :crying:

I'll be back down your way a few times a year now that I got elected.

I found the meeting encouraging because folks in Maricopa are as pissed as we in Mohave. (We just got home.)
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2021, 09:25:23 pm »
While I understand some of your arguments, you've opened up several cans of worms in my estimation.

I won't address them here.

The point of my post was that it is easy to let all the things you described....pull you down. 

As I said, many I know are angry and discouraged. 

Letting discouragement take you out of the game or pull you (the general you) away from participation is not helpful. 

The globalists you describe are using the very things you described to keep us divided and at each others throats. 

They've managed to create an environment where trust is low because if we trusted each other, we'd unite and drive them off. 

We can't compromise what we are personally, but we should admit others the right to exist in our society.  Disagree on what you will, but focus on the things you agree on.  Many democrats don't believe in abortion (as an example).

But I would go further and say that abortions would reduce naturally, if we worked harder to preserve family and keep dads in the home.

Divorce is evil.....

But back to my point. 

I have lots of hope and we need to focus on that.  We have to work hard, but we have to be hopeful.

We (I) are getting a bit off topic here. So I prefer to leave things at that, I don't want to derail this thread.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2021, 09:29:21 pm »
@HikerGuy83

I am sorry to hear you got the Rona!  I guess this wasn't our turn to meet up... :crying:

I found the meeting encouraging because folks in Maricopa are as pissed as we in Mohave. (We just got home.)

We all need that encouragement and 1,000's more like you @Cyber Liberty who are able to participate at the local/state level.  :beer:

Gee whiz...CNN is reporting that the AZ GOP is censuring McCain, Flake and Dorsey...just as you knew they would.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/23/politics/arizona-gop-censure-mccain-flake-ducey/index.html

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 04:07:21 am »
@HikerGuy83

Keep in mind that I live in New Mexico more than AZ right now (and especially now.....COVID is really screwing my life up).

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 04:08:51 am »
   I agree @libertybele Had I lived in Kentucky in 2013 I would have voted for this bi1ch.

Alison_Lundergan_Grimes

And you would have gotten more of Mitch McConnnell only on steroids.