Author Topic: Democrats Reportedly Building ‘Emotionally Charged’ Case in Trump Impeachment Trial  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Reportedly Building ‘Emotionally Charged’ Case in Trump Impeachment Trial

Hannah Bleau 30 Jan 2021

The Democrat House impeachment managers are reportedly building what has been described as an “emotionally charged” case against former President Trump for the upcoming Senate impeachment trial.

According to a report from the Washington Post, Democrats are hoping to present new footage of the January 6 Capitol protest “as well as updated details about injured police officers as they seek to build an emotionally compelling impeachment case against former president Donald Trump.”

The primary goal, according to the report, is to “present the Senate with fresh evidence that reveals what Trump knew in advance” of the mass protest. They hope to put Republican senators, many of whom have indicated that they will not vote to convict the former president, in an “uncomfortable” position, particularly given the party’s position of backing the blue. One police officer, Brian Sicknick, died “due to injuries sustained while on-duty,” according to the Capitol Police.

“Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters,” police said. “He returned to his division office and collapsed.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/30/democrats-reportedly-building-emotionally-charged-case-in-trump-impeachment-trial/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I hope the gop is planning to use the platform to present evidence of election fraud they heretofore have been prevented from showing.

But I know better.

Offline Hoodat

Is there a plan at any point to introduce actual evidence?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is there a plan at any point to introduce actual evidence?

I doubt it very much.  I expect it to go like in the House:  A series of speeches and then a vote, and nothing more.  The Rats don't have the evidence to back up their charges, so it's bound to be one long, emotional argument.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

I doubt it very much.  I expect it to go like in the House:  A series of speeches and then a vote, and nothing more.  The Rats don't have the evidence to back up their charges, so it's bound to be one long, emotional argument.

In that case, I hope it drags on for another 16 months.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-