Author Topic: The Washington Post Tried To Memory-Hole Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and  (Read 379 times)

Offline mountaineer

The Washington Post Tried To Memory-Hole Kamala Harris' Bad Joke About Inmates Begging for Food and Water
At a time when legacy publications are increasingly seen as playing for one political "team" or the other, this type of editorial decision will not do anything to fix that perception.
Eric Boehm | 1.22.2021 10:25 AM
When The Washington Post published a 2019 campaign trail feature about then-presidential hopeful Kamala Harris' close relationship with her sister, it opened with a memorable anecdote in which Harris bizarrely compared the rigors of the campaign trail to…life behind bars.

And then proceeded to laugh—at the idea of an inmate begging for a sip of water.

It was an extremely cringeworthy moment, even by the high standards set by Harris' failed presidential campaign. But now that Harris is vice president, that awful moment has seemingly vanished from the Post's website after the paper "updated" the piece earlier this month. ...
... "It's a treat that a prisoner gets when they ask for, 'A morsel of food please,' " Kamala said shoving her hands forward as if clutching a metal plate, her voice now trembling like an old British man locked in a Dickensian jail cell. "'And water! I just want wahtahhh….'Your standards really go out the f—ing window."

Kamala burst into laughter.
Full story at Reason

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yup just like Joe, Kamala is a CLASS act!

Offline mountaineer

The "burst into laughter" part is disturbing. If I have to hear that cackle one more time ...    9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The "burst into laughter" part is disturbing. If I have to hear that cackle one more time ...    9999hair out0000
They will have to medicate Harris when Joe dies to keep her from laughing at the funeral.