Author Topic: TX, FL Govs recall Nat’l Guard from DC after forced to parking garage from Capitol  (Read 315 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Liz George  January 22, 2021

Governors Ron DeSantis of Florida and Greg Abbott of Texas recalled their National Guard service members from Washington, D.C., after troops were kicked out of the Capitol and forced to rest in a nearby parking garage.

MILITARY SOURCE IN DC:
    “For the last week my battalion has been sleeping on the floor in the Senate cafeteria. Today the Senate kicked us out & moved us to a cold parking garage.
    5000 soldiers.
    1 power outlet.
    One bathroom.
    This is how Joe Biden’s America treats solders.”

PHOTOS pic.twitter.com/622sQmciq4

DeSantis made the order Thursday night, calling troops’ presence in Washington “a half-cocked mission at this point” during an appearance on Fox News Friday morning.

“They’ve served our country all around the world, they’ve served the state of Florida after natural disasters,” DeSantis said. “They’re soldiers, they’re not Nancy Pelosi’s servants.”

Abbott also called for the return of the Texas National Guard to his state, tweeting the decision late Thursday.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/01/tx-fl-govs-recall-natl-guard-from-dc-after-forced-to-parking-garage-from-capitol/

Online ironhorsedriver

They all should be recalled. Exactly what purpose are they there for now? Just for show?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Good for DeSantis and Abbot.  It is appalling that they were housed in a dang parking garage.  One bathroom?  Seriously?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:05:47 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.