Author Topic: Vanity Fair Asks Cult Expert How to ’Deprogram’ Trump Followers  (Read 365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vanity Fair Asks Cult Expert How to ’Deprogram’ Trump Followers

Joshua Klein 22 Jan 2021

On Thursday, Vanity Fair published an interview with cult expert Steven Hassan detailing how to go about “deprogramming” Trump supporters, while arguing for a “massive education” effort involving the participation of schools, mental health professionals, law enforcement, media, politicians, and intelligence agencies.

The edited transcript of the interview, titled “‘So Many Great, Educated, Functional People Were Brainwashed’: Can Trump’s Cult of Followers Be Deprogrammed?,” has Hassan, author of The Cult of Trump, describing his past as a former Moonie [member of the Unification Church] and his techniques for rehabilitating cult members.

“When I talk about the cult of Trump, I’m talking about a destructive authoritarian cult,” Hassan begins.

“As a mental health professional, we think of that as a dissociative disorder.”

Hassan then discusses “fourth-generation warfare” which he describes as “psychological warfare aimed at confusing, disorienting, numbing, delegitimizing leaders and institutions.”

“This has been practiced from without by our enemies, as well as from within by the Christian right, neo-Nazis, and other people with authoritarian goals,” he adds, before comparing Trump with prominent cult leaders.

“I compare Donald Trump with Jim Jones and L. Ron Hubbard of Scientology, as well as Sun Myung Moon, the leader of a cult that I was in for two and a half years,” he says.

Despite admitting to not being a licensed psychiatrist, Hassan attempts to provide a diagnosis of Trump.

“I would argue that cult leaders typically did not have a healthy childhood,” he states. “They have what’s called an insecure attachment disorder.”

Hassan then portrays Trump senior as an abusive “authoritarian.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2021/01/22/vanity-fair-asks-cult-expert-how-to-deprogram-trump-followers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Morons.

It simply can't be that we all recognize that DC is a fetid, corrupt cesspool who's output is gauged strictly by it's own interests, and that Trump was the only candidate in years to offer to do something about it.

No, its gotta be a cult thing.

The idiots will never understand and it will be their undoing one day. Within my lifetime, I hope.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:18:12 am by skeeter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Dr. bighead here. The only way is to remove half the brain. Which, of course, makes you a democrat..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 12:20:04 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

Dr. bighead here. The only way is to remove half the brain. Which, of course, makes you a democrat..
Nice!

Offline dfwgator

Deprogram This, MFers!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley