Author Topic: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8  (Read 435 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
« on: January 23, 2021, 12:08:02 am »
Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
By Jordain Carney - 01/22/21 06:20 PM EST

The Senate will start President Trump's second impeachment trial during the week of Feb. 8, Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) announced on Friday.

"Both the House managers and the defense will have a period of time to draft their legal briefs just as they did in previous trials. ... Once the briefs are drafted, the presentation by the parties will commence the week of Feb. 8," Schumer said from the Senate floor.

Schumer's announcement comes after he disclosed earlier Friday that the House article of impeachment will be delivered to the Senate on Monday.

Under the agreement between Schumer and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), the article will be read at 7 p.m. on Monday. Senators will be sworn in Tuesday and a summons will be issued to Trump.

Trump's response to the article and House's pre-trial brief will be due by Feb. 2, and Trump's pre-trial brief will be due six days later.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535495-trump-impeachment-trial-to-being-week-of-feb-8
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 12:10:31 am »
What a freaking waste of time and money. I hate these politicians.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 12:43:15 am »
Headline should say "Illegal Trump Impeachment to Begin"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 12:46:12 am »
This will backfire bigly.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 12:57:33 am »

Worth pay per view.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 01:06:40 am »

How do you figure?? The GOP is dead.  Regardless of whether or not they can constitutionally impeach him or not, they are going to do so and I believe that they have enough GOPe idiots that will go along with it.

Rand had previously stated that 1/3 of the GOP would walk.  I hope that they walk permanently. They'd be wise not to waste anymore of their time in DC.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 01:14:03 am »
How do you figure?? The GOP is dead.  Regardless of whether or not they can constitutionally impeach him or not, they are going to do so and I believe that they have enough GOPe idiots that will go along with it.

Rand had previously stated that 1/3 of the GOP would walk.  I hope that they walk permanently. They'd be wise not to waste anymore of their time in DC.

The optics. Bad juju. Fate is a reaper.  Do unto others.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 10:43:25 am »
I can't comment and remain civil. I deleted a few attempts. All I can say is what goes around comes around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 01:25:33 pm »
I think we should impeach every Democrat President since the beginning of the 20th Century, first chance we get.  I'd love to see Wilson in the dock.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 02:17:08 pm »
I think we should impeach every Democrat President since the beginning of the 20th Century, first chance we get.  I'd love to see Wilson in the dock.
Go for the gold and get FDR.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis