Author Topic: In from the cold: Nat Guard back in Capitol after being forced to rest in parking lots  (Read 677 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Guardsmen banished to garage allowed back in Capitol after Congress unites in rage
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter |
 | January 22, 2021 08:54 AM

Congress joined in a united front on President Biden's first full day in office. All it took was a controversy involving thousands of National Guardsmen being relegated during their breaks to a parking garage.

Lawmakers across the political spectrum reacted with outrage as reports Thursday evening came in about the soldiers being forced to vacate congressional grounds after spending two weeks protecting Washington, D.C., following a deadly riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6. At this point, with Biden's inauguration days behind the nation's Capital, 15,000 National Guard members are preparing to leave and head home, while just 10,600 remain on duty, according to the Associated Press.

Sens. Tammy Duckworth, a veteran and double amputee representing Illinois, and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona announced that the troops were allowed back inside the Capitol complex around midnight.

The backlash began with a Politico report that detailed how troops were told they could no longer spend their breaks at the Capitol complex. Several lawmakers offered their offices to the soldiers as a place for them to use.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/national-guardsmen-banished-garage-capitol-congress-backlash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 22, 2021
National Guard troops exploited for ‘insurrection theatre’ subjected to disgusting abuse as soon as no longer needed for visuals
By Thomas Lifson

Even Hollywood extras for crowd scenes receive far better treatment than the National Guard troops that were mobilized to protect Biden’s inauguration from a non-existent threat. Yesterday, I called it “insurrection theatre” because the massive deployment was all about generating an atmosphere of fear and painting supporters of Donald Trump as an imminent threat to the Republic because they re aching for overthrow of the government.

The excuse, of course, was the incursion of the Capitol, a disgusting event, but hardly a sign of a vast insurrection plot that would require tens of thousands of armed troops to deter or defend against.

Where was there any evidence of a mass movement to disrupt or prevent the inauguration? All I saw were conservatives denouncing the incursion. Reports now indicate that there was some advance planning for the incursion, including the planting of diversionary (an thankfully dud) pipe bombs, But we have no indication of who was behind that. And there are many signs that the people at the spearhead of the mob at the Capitol may have been false flag provocateurs from the left, who, it turns out, were extremely successful in discrediting, even crippling Trump supporters and conservatives.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/national_guard_troops_exploited_for_insurrection_theatre_subjected_to_disgusting_abuse_as_soon_as_no_longer_needed_for_visuals.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Guard kicked out of the Capitol, forced to sleep in a parking garage

Benny
@bennyjohnson
MILITARY SOURCE IN DC:
“For the last week my battalion has been sleeping on the floor in the Senate cafeteria. Today the Senate kicked us out & moved us to a cold parking garage.
5000 soldiers.
1 power outlet.
One bathroom.
This is how Joe Biden’s America treats solders.”

PHOTOS

more
https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2021/01/21/national-guard-kicked-capitol-forced-sleep-parking-garage/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Americans Outraged As Troops At Capitol Banished To Cold Parking Garage With Little Food
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/americans-outraged-troops-capitol-banished-cold-parking-garage-little-food
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 DC Elite Used National Guard As Props, Questioned Their Loyalty, Then Made Them Sleep In Parking Garage
January 22, 2021 By Jordan Davidson

Shortly after they demanded that 25,000 members of the National Guard provide security for President Joe Biden’s inauguration, Washington, D.C. politicians quietly banished thousands of troops from the U.S. Capitol, forcing them to set up sleeping quarters in nearby parking garages on Thursday night.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/22/dc-elite-used-national-guard-as-props-questioned-their-loyalty-then-made-them-sleep-in-parking-garage/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Democrats treating our military like dogs?  Where have we heard that before?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Americans Outraged As Troops At Capitol Banished To Cold Parking Garage With Little Food
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/americans-outraged-troops-capitol-banished-cold-parking-garage-little-food

Yeah right, "Americans Outraged", most don't have the slightest clue outside of what our Pravda media tells them.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yeah right, "Americans Outraged", most don't have the slightest clue outside of what our Pravda media tells them.

If Trump was in power the MSM would be milking this for maximum damage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

If Trump was in power the MSM would be milking this for maximum damage.

If Trump was in power, our State Guard wouldn't be sleeping on concrete.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau22 Jan 2021580

Gov. Greg Abbott (R) ordered the return of the Texas National Guard late Thursday evening after troops were forced to evacuate the Capitol building grounds over an alleged mask complaint from a Democrat congressman.

“I have instructed General Norris to order the return of the Texas National Guard to our state,” Abbott announced Thursday.

The announcement followed pictures and videos showing troops hanging out in a parking garage — something that reportedly occurred after Democrat Rep. Bill Keating (D-MA) issued a complaint about a maskless National Guardsman in a cafe in the building.

As Breitbart News reported:

After Keating commented out loud that masks were required to be worn at all times in a federal building, the National Guard member responded, “I appreciate my freedom,” according to the source.

National Guard commanders are now looking for the National Guard member, according to the source.

Breitbart News reviewed communications by National Guard officials regarding the situation with Keating:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/22/gov-greg-abbott-orders-return-texas-national-guard-d-c-troops-forced-parking-garage-mask-complaint/#
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis Orders FL Troops In D.C. Back Home: ‘They’re Not Nancy Pelosi’s Servants’

"This is a half-cocked mission and they are not Nancy Pelosi's servants."
By  Amanda Prestigiacomo
•
Jan 22, 2021   DailyWire.com

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-desantis-orders-fl-troops-in-d-c-back-home-theyre-not-nancy-pelosis-servants
Support the USO

Offline berdie

This has made my head explode...again.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Why are all these troops still IN downtown DC?
The inauguration is over.
The pro-Trump protesters have gone home.

Again... why are they still needed there?

Offline Hoodat

Why are all these troops still IN downtown DC?
The inauguration is over.
The pro-Trump protesters have gone home.

Again... why are they still needed there?

For the same reason that Maduro needs troops in downtown Caracas.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
For the same reason that Maduro needs troops in downtown Caracas.

You mean sleepy Joe didn't lose his blankie?

Offline mortarman

The Capitol Police are claiming that it was a low ranking uniformed cop who roused the troops out of the Capitol Building. While they didn't identify the culprit, it looks as if they are either going to try to pass it off as a misunderstanding or are going to offer up a patsy to be frickasied.

BTW, President Trump offered up Trump International DC to house them.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.