Author Topic: Trump Reportedly Wants to Create a New Political Party. Should He? By Matt Margolis  (Read 151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Reportedly Wants to Create a New Political Party. Should He?
By Matt Margolis Jan 20, 2021 9:35 AM ET

President Trump wants to create a new political party after leaving office, says the Wall Street Journal. According to the report, “President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.”

According to sources, President Trump says he would want to call his new political party the “Patriot Party,” but the White House refused to comment.

It is not known just how serious Trump is about starting a new political party. As the WSJ notes, to do so “would require a significant investment of time and resources,” and third parties “have typically failed to draw enough support to play a major role in national elections.” But President Trump is perhaps the most uniquely positioned person to do such a thing, as he has a huge base of supporters, many of whom were not heavily involved in the Republican Party.

Aside from the question of whether or not he can or will start a new political party, the real issue here, I think, is whether he should.

I’ve seen many Republican friends express disappointment with the GOP in recent weeks for their failure to fight for President Trump and his priorities, as well as their criticism of Trump in the wake of the Capitol riots following the false narrative that he incited an insurrection. In fact, Republican wobbliness preceded President Trump’s term in the White House. The corrupt Obama-Biden administration spent eight years violating the Constitution without significant pushback from the Republican Party. Aside from the refusal to give Merrick Garland a hearing upon his nomination to the Supreme Court, the GOP was an ineffective check on the abuses of the Obama-Biden administration, which culminated with the spying on Trump’s campaign in 2016.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/01/20/trump-reportedly-wants-to-create-new-political-party-should-he-n1398062
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Will this buffoon please emigrate back to Germany???

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If he does, I'll join up.

Not many "Republicans" win races where I live (Connecticut).
For that reason, I'm almost ready to swear off voting for good.

But again, if Trump can succeed in creating a new party -- I'll register for it.
And I'll bet I'm not the only one who will do so.