Author Topic: Feds arrest right-wing media figure who promoted storming Capitol  (Read 575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feds arrest right-wing media figure who promoted storming Capitol
By Joseph Choi - 01/20/21 02:14 PM EST

Authorities on Wednesday announced the arrest of Joe Biggs, right-wing media personality and member of the violent extremist group the Proud Boys, for participating in the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol breach.

HuffPost reports that FBI officials arrested Biggs on three charges. Biggs was reportedly seen breaking a Capitol window using a clear plastic shield.

A video posted on the controversial social media site Parler apparently showed Biggs inside the building.

“In the video, a voice off camera says, ‘Hey Biggs, what do you gotta say?’ The person depicted below smiles broadly and replies, ‘This is awesome!’ before pulling his gaiter up to cover his face,” said an FBI agent in an affidavit obtained by HuffPost.

Biggs reportedly admitted to FBI officials that he had entered the Capitol but denied “having any knowledge of any pre-planned storming the Capitol, and had no idea who planned it.” He claimed the doors to the Capitol were wide open when he entered the building.

However, Biggs reportedly posted online that Proud Boys would be "blending in," HuffPost notes, and wrote "Jan 6th is gonna be epic.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/535060-feds-arrest-right-wing-media-figure-who-promoted-storming-capitol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Feds arrest right-wing media figure who promoted storming Capitol
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 08:00:45 pm »
Morons on Parade
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 08:11:14 pm »
Don't worry. BLM and Antifa are next.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:54 pm »
Who?  Biggs??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 08:20:57 pm »
If they have him on video breaking a window then screw him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 08:23:54 pm »

That's acceptable to me.  If he was merely "there," then that would be a bit different.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 08:34:07 pm »

If it was intentional, then yeah. Not much more to it than that. But then there is the matter of the punishment fitting the crime. No doubt he would owe every penny of restitution... and something for kicking up his heels... but I think he's gonna take a way harder ride than that.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 08:37:16 pm »
If it was intentional, then yeah. Not much more to it than that. But then there is the matter of the punishment fitting the crime. No doubt he would owe every penny of restitution... and something for kicking up his heels... but I think he's gonna take a way harder ride than that.

I expect anyone who falls under Uncle Sam's gaze over this Capitol fiasco is gonna get everything short of capital punishment.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 09:10:43 pm »
Never heard of him, but I'm sure the media will tell us how he has tens of millions of followers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 09:32:23 pm »
I expect anyone who falls under Uncle Sam's gaze over this Capitol fiasco is gonna get everything short of capital punishment.

Yep. Seems they'll get the long row to hoe. I can pity that much.