Exclusive Content > Editorials

Our Perceptions of World War II

<< < (10/10)

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 24, 2021, 02:29:18 am ---@Smokin Joe

There are many people who think King Roosevelt ALLOWED the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor "by surprise" because he needed an excuse to go to war in Europe to help save communism.

I'm one of them.

--- End quote ---

Me too.  Quite a coincidence that there were no carriers at Pearl at the time of the attack.  Not to mention that Stalin had pulled all his troops from Siberia, leaving the east defenseless against another Japanese incursion.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on June 28, 2022, 02:34:12 am ---@Free Vulcan

They did have jets. The ME-262,and it was a wonder at the time. They just didn't have enough to be effective thanks to the massive bomber raids on German factories.

They could have had them earlier in the war,but Hitler would rather spend the money on invading Russia and claiming her oil fields. I guess the Nazi's just thought that jet aircraft weren't necessary at that time,so they spent the money on other things.

--- End quote ---
Hitler stepped in and wanted the Me 262 set up as a fighter/bomber. Otherwise, they could have been in the air in significant numbers long before they were. Had Hitler not been making top level decisions, there is a chance that Germany could have succeeded. The Me 262 and the invasion of Russia were two such screw ups, as was the shifting from airfields to civilian targets during the Battle of Britain. If he had kept bombing airfields, he might have been able to maintain air superiority and invade the British Isles. It would have been a different war., especially with Stalin on the sidelines.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on June 28, 2022, 02:00:40 am ---

She said right after it happened people were scared because they didn't know what the Japs had or where they would go next.

Then she got a really weird look in her eye, and all she said was: 'And the next day, we got mad.'

It was the look of the Japs being lucky we didn't wipe them off the map.

--- End quote ---

Yup that is how it use to be.  Like after 9/11.  A collective pissed of America is an unstoppable force.   Well it use to be anyway.  With the scum and villainy that live today all bets are off.

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 28, 2022, 12:31:00 pm ---Hitler stepped in and wanted the Me 262 set up as a fighter/bomber. Otherwise, they could have been in the air in significant numbers long before they were. Had Hitler not been making top level decisions, there is a chance that Germany could have succeeded. The Me 262 and the invasion of Russia were two such screw ups, as was the shifting from airfields to civilian targets during the Battle of Britain. If he had kept bombing airfields, he might have been able to maintain air superiority and invade the British Isles. It would have been a different war., especially with Stalin on the sidelines.

--- End quote ---

Hitler was our best asset. The guy was an idiot from day one. He put on a good show, but look past all the razzmatazz and fireworks and the guy's military thinking was a clown show.

It was his Prussian officers that kept the war going on as long as they did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version