Author Topic: Byron York: Trump Derangement Syndrome In a Post-Trump World  (Read 95 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Derangement Syndrome In a Post-Trump World
Byron York

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 9:52 PM

President Trump will become former President Trump tomorrow. When Joe Biden takes the oath of office, Democrats will control the White House, the House and the Senate. An ambitious agenda lies ahead for the new Democratic administration. And yet there are signs that some Democrats' obsession with Donald Trump -- the condition known as Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS -- will be as strong, or perhaps even stronger, after Trump leaves than when he was in the White House.

Exhibit A is the fact that Democrats plan to hold an impeachment trial for the president after he has left office. They plan to use the Constitution's method for removing a president when the president is already gone.

But that is not the only sign of lingering TDS. Look at a new conversation between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton, on Clinton's podcast, "You and Me Both." There was much to discuss about the Biden agenda, but you will not be surprised to learn that Trump dominated the conversation. The two reached back into the Trump-Russia matter -- what the president calls the "Russia hoax" -- to call for yet another Trump investigation.

"I hope, historically, we will find out who [Trump is] beholden to, who pulls his strings," Clinton said. "I would love to see his phone records to see whether he was talking to [Russian leader Vladimir] Putin the day that the insurgents invaded our Capitol."

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/byronyork/2021/01/19/trump-derangement-syndrome-in-a-posttrump-world-n2583396
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34