Author Topic: Left Calls for ‘Army of Citizen Detectives’ to Monitor & Report Trump Supporters  (Read 4465 times)

Offline roamer_1

And people still don't think the Communists have taken over?

No. They have a good portion of state houses to go. And good luck with that out west. We tend to be more libertarian, and will buck. Bet on that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No. They have a good portion of state houses to go. And good luck with that out west. We tend to be more libertarian, and will buck. Bet on that.
I am. but I must note every state has it's liberal/leftist contingent, too. It's as if the borders were designed that way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I am. but I must note every state has it's liberal/leftist contingent, too. It's as if the borders were designed that way.

Sure. It's largely city folks. It is seldom you find a Conservative minded city of any size. That Babylon thing going on I think.

Offline goatprairie

If you have Alexa in your house, I'm not saying certain people might be listening in but  :whistle: (adjusts tin-foil hat)

Offline mountaineer

If you have Alexa in your house, I'm not saying certain people might be listening in but  :whistle: (adjusts tin-foil hat)
Of course.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Of course.

This is why I have my Alexas close by when I'm picking my Fantasy Football team.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Meh.  We may have our differences at time, but I take @Weird Tolkienish Figure at his word about how he voted.  :cool:

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Of course they are listening. The Alexa people said so.
Read an article once where the Alexa operators described some of the extreme stuff they hear.
Most of it was disgusting. Everything from weird sex, to bathroom noises, to child abuse.
The funniest Alexa story to me, was the commercial that would broadcast loudly, "Alexa! Order (product name) now!"
Obviously it was shut down very quickly. But it did work. Alexa ordered it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Ask Alexa if she is spying on you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:39:13 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obviously Liberals are idiots and they seem to have no understanding of history at all.
The Left may think that this new "Stasi" will only go after Trump and his supporters.
They could not be more wrong. Once such an infrastructure is formed, every single citizen is a target.
The Stasi is not a directed operation. It is omnidirectional, targeting and surveilling everyone.
These fools have no clue what they are asking for.

And yes, the new American Left is the rise of the Fourth Reich in every conceivable way.
They think that the new Jews (Trump supporters) will be the only victims, just as the Germans did in the 30s.
However once this starts it is indiscriminate.
Any German citizen could be executed or sent to camps for any reason at all.
And showing how Liberal you are will not save you.

With totalitarian regimes, there is no safety. There is no 'Get out of jail free.' card in the deck.
Once you are targeted for any reason whatsoever, you will be declared guilty and you will be gone,
no matter who you are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 02:55:43 am by 240B »

Offline Smokin Joe

Obviously Liberals are idiots and they seem to have no understanding of history at all.
The Left may think that this new "Stasi" will only go after Trump and his supporters.
They could not be more wrong. Once such an infrastructure is formed, every single citizen is a target.
The Stasi is not a directed operation. It is omnidirectional, targeting and surveilling everyone.
These fools have no clue what they are asking for.

And yes, the new American Left is the rise of the Fourth Reich in every conceivable way.
They think that the new Jews (Trump supporters) will be the only victims, just as the Germans did in the 30s.
However once this starts it is indiscriminate.
Any German citizen could be executed or sent to camps for any reason at all.
And showing how Liberal you are will not save you.

With totalitarian regimes, there is no safety. There is no 'Get out of jail free.' card in the deck.
Once you are targeted for any reason whatsoever, you will be declared guilty and you will be gone,
no matter who you are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi
Yep. But those who think this is good to get at their 'enemies' anyone who doesn't agree gushingly with them), are blind to the monster they are creating, or think it will do their bidding. Trotsky, Beria, even Che found out.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
" The Lives of Others"  "Das Leben de Anderen"

2006  Oscar Best Foreign Language Film

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

It should have won Best Picture, period!

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

I watch all Best Foreign Language Oscar films.
That was one of my favorites.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Smokin Joe

What is it they are so fond of saying? "Snitches get stitches"?  :whistle:

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Calling all good Comrades........."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And people still don't think the Communists have taken over?

@dfwgator

The saddest part of this is I strongly suspect the majority of Americans under 30 can read that and think it is a good idea,and would be honestly shocked it was Communist policy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

Of course they are listening. The Alexa people said so.
Read an article once where the Alexa operators described some of the extreme stuff they hear.
Most of it was disgusting. Everything from weird sex, to bathroom noises, to child abuse.
The funniest Alexa story to me, was the commercial that would broadcast loudly, "Alexa! Order (product name) now!"
Obviously it was shut down very quickly. But it did work. Alexa ordered it.

They SAY they only listen when the device hears the wake word. However, I've noticed, on numerous occasions, that ads I see on the web seem to be tailored to conversations I had in audio range of one of these devices. It's happened enough times, in situations where I hadn't searched online or taken other actions that might influence the ads, that I am very confident they are listening to mine ad words.

Offline roamer_1

They SAY they only listen when the device hears the wake word.

Well, that's kind of circular, ain't it? It has to be listening to hear the wake word, right?  :cool:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:04:34 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline dfwgator

I watch all Best Foreign Language Oscar films.
That was one of my favorites.

I don't watch Hollywood crap anymore, it's pretty much all foreign films for me now.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
1975: I'm worried the government is spying on me

2020: Government spy, find me a chocolate chip cookie recipe
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Hoodat

I don't watch Hollywood crap anymore, it's pretty much all foreign films for me now.

Speaking of foreign films, has anyone seen The Painted Bird yet?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

BassWrangler

Well, that's kind of circular, ain't it? It has to be listening to hear the wake word, right?  :cool:

Well, what they are saying is that the device has the ability to detect the wake word locally, and only sends audio to their servers after it hears that.

BassWrangler

It really is crap for the most part. The only exception is when they're remaking some older movie. You can also clearly see the influence of Chinese money if you look for it.