Author Topic: Rocker Bruce Springsteen faces DWI charge after 2020 arrest in New Jersey  (Read 1348 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Rocker Bruce Springsteen faces DWI charge after 2020 arrest in New Jersey
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2021, 09:18:07 pm »
REVEALED: Bruce Springsteen, 71, refused breath test, was visibly swaying and reeked of alcohol when he was busted by NJ cops - then told them he's drunk two tequila shots in 20 minutes in November DWI

Springsteen was arrested on November 14, 2020 in Sandy Hook, New Jersey
    He allegedly pulled over to take a photo with fans and accepted a shot of tequila from one of them in view of police 
    He was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area at Gateway National Recreation Area
    Documents show that Springsteen allegedly refused to take a preliminary breath test when first approached by a park ranger
    Police further claimed that the singer 'smelt strongly of alcohol', had 'glassy eyes', and was 'visibly swaying' back and forth
    A law enforcement source told local media Springsteen's blood-alcohol content was later found to be 0.02 — a quarter of New Jersey's legal limit of 0.08
    Springsteen was detained near the lighthouse in the park, police said
    Jeep has pulled its recent Super Bowl featuring The Boss from its social media
    Springsteen and his representatives have yet to comment on the arrest

By Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com and Charlotte Mitchell For Mailonline
Published: 04:51 EST, 11 February 2021 | Updated: 14:57 EST, 11 February 2021
...   In his report, Hayes wrote that he had witnessed Springsteen 'consume a shot of Patron tequila' before getting on his motorcycle to 'start the engine'.

Hayes said he then informed the New Jersey-native that drinking inside Gateway National Recreation Area is 'prohibited'.  ...
Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2021, 09:51:33 pm »
REVEALED: Bruce Springsteen, 71, refused breath test, was visibly swaying and reeked of alcohol when he was busted by NJ cops - then told them he's drunk two tequila shots in 20 minutes in November DWI

Springsteen was arrested on November 14, 2020 in Sandy Hook, New Jersey
    He allegedly pulled over to take a photo with fans and accepted a shot of tequila from one of them in view of police 
    He was charged with DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area at Gateway National Recreation Area
    Documents show that Springsteen allegedly refused to take a preliminary breath test when first approached by a park ranger
    Police further claimed that the singer 'smelt strongly of alcohol', had 'glassy eyes', and was 'visibly swaying' back and forth
    A law enforcement source told local media Springsteen's blood-alcohol content was later found to be 0.02 — a quarter of New Jersey's legal limit of 0.08
    Springsteen was detained near the lighthouse in the park, police said
    Jeep has pulled its recent Super Bowl featuring The Boss from its social media
    Springsteen and his representatives have yet to comment on the arrest

By Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com and Charlotte Mitchell For Mailonline
Published: 04:51 EST, 11 February 2021 | Updated: 14:57 EST, 11 February 2021 Daily Mail

Drinking a shot of Tequila right in front of a cop was his most stupid idea of the day.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2021, 10:21:07 pm »
I don't care for Bruce's political leanings, and what he does these days doesn't interest me, but...
... back in his younger days, he was one of the best out there (although I never cared for his all-out rockers in most cases, preferring the ballads, etc.).

"The River" may be one of the great rock albums of all time (although it was too long). I especially liked the cover art, with the stand-up wedding figures. It was the writing as well as the playing that hit you:
I got a job workin' construction
At the Johnston company
But lately there ain't been much work
On account of the economy
And all those things that seemed important
Mister, they vanished right into the air
Now I just act like I don't remember
Mary acts like she don't care...

(haven't listened to the song in many years, but still remember the lyrics)

Or... "Cadillac Ranch"... which on its face seems rowdy and fun, but underneath lies pain:
Cadillac, Cadillac
Long and dark,
Shiny and black
Drove up to my house today
Came and took my little girl away.

Bruce back then could really connect with his audience, better than ANYONE else.
I wish he'd get his head straight on political reality.
Guess it comes with the territory with gettin' to rich on one's music...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2021, 04:29:31 am »
The Highways jammed with Drunkin' Heros on a last chance power Drive,
Baby we were born for RUM.....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.